Z24-890-UA91: My stand keeps detaching itself

einkywonky101
einkywonky101 Member Posts: 2 New User
edited August 2021 in All-In-One PCs
So I recently got a Aspire Z24 and it has been amazing, but yesterday the stand came off twice no big deal. Today, the stand came off four times and it’s been annoying. I don’t know why it keeps on doing this, I’m unsure if it’s my desk or I’m not positioning it correctly. I’m confused on what to do lol.

[ Title edited to add the name of the product]

Answers

• Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Hi einkywonky101,

Is there any screw holes in the stand.
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,454 Trailblazer
    Which Z24 model is it? There are a bunch of them...
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • einkywonky101
    einkywonky101 Member Posts: 2 New User
    @billsey it’s a Z24-890-UA91
  • billsey
    Are all four screws in place holding the stand to the display?

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • malone
    malone Member Posts: 1 New User

We purchased a $600 unit from Acer and the stand somehow loosened itself causing the unit to fall off the desk onto the ground.

From all the comments and articles this is a ongoing problem with the bolts holding the display to the stand. Acer is well aware but will probably not want to accept any responsibility for this as most big corp do. Acer makes a great product and before now we have purchased many laptops from them without a hitch.

Worst part our teenager was afraid to say anything and stuck it into the closet for over a year.

Spencer Malone

Stokesdale, NC

• billsey

I haven't seen any other mention of that other than this thread. The stand is basically a normal VESA bolt size and pattern used by most monitor manufacturers...