83°C on Dekstop - Acer Predator Triton 300

ialex15
ialex15 Member Posts: 1 New User
So without using any app or having it open, the laptop hits 80-85°C in Desktop.
Is there anything I can try to make it more silent and not high such temperatures? It is pretty hot.

Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 9,887 Trailblazer
    ialex15 said:
    So without using any app or having it open, the laptop hits 80-85°C in Desktop.
    Is there anything I can try to make it more silent and not high such temperatures? It is pretty hot.

That is very normal temps, make sure all your laptop vents are clean and if you want to be 100% sure then repaste the CPU/GPU heatsink with the “Pea Dot” method with "Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut Extreme" paste. 

• Hell_J
    Hell_J Member Posts: 61 Devotee WiFi Icon
    edited July 2021
    Hello, 

This can't be normal operating temperature on IDLE. 
    What is your fan speed?

I'm having the same problem where my Helios 700 shows high temperatures when on IDLE, around 60-70°C, with fans around 2200rpm. This problem started when service changed my motherboard, I don't know why this problem occured but laptop is back at service and they are doing their best to get it to the state it was.

I talked to the technician and it's not excluded that problem is related to some windows update or Predator Sense app. He said that when Predator Sense is turned off, and he's doing the same test as when it is on, the temps in HWmonitor are 15°C lower.
    Predator Sense app auto sets clock of one core to max and raises the temp with that action. 
    As I said, maybe it's due to the Predator Sense itself. But I had it installed and alwasy running before motherboard was changed and the temps were around 40-50°C on IDLE with fans RPM around 0-1000.

They will change thermal module and we'll see what will happen. If that problem will go away or stay. Next action is to again change the motherboard, which needs to be approved by Acer which I highly doubt will happen.