AHCI Problem Acer aspire 3, 315-57G.

Options
Ehsan22
Ehsan22 Member Posts: 10 New User
edited August 2021 in Aspire Laptops
Hi. My device is Acer aspire 3, 315-57G.
I added a SSD M.2 (xpg sx6000 lite) and it have problem with RAID (freezing randomly in windows10). I have to change sata mode to AHCI an then, freezing problem solved but my device dont boot up after restaring!
even acer logo not showen (just a black screen showen to me).

Dose anyone have a solution for using AHCI?

Thread was edited to add model name to the title

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,483 Trailblazer
    Options
    Temporarily remove  m.2 card. Are you able to change back to RAID mode in BIOS by pressing F2 on startup? Then boot normally without the m.2 card?

Jack E/NJ

• Ehsan22
    Options
    By holding 10s power button, bios will be reseat.
    I dont have problem with change back to RAID.

My problem is FREEZING randomly in windows 10 that installed in m.2 ssd with RAID mode and it solved with AHCI. But in AHCI, after i turning device power off, I cant turn it on again in AHCI mode(just showe a black screen and the Acer logo not showen to me and f2 not work)
  • JackE
    Options
    >>>I dont have problem with change back to RAID.>>>

Good. You must first go back into normal Windows. Then set normal Windows to boot into Safe Mode Windows on the very next boot. Then shut down normal Windows. Turn the machine on and immediately press F2 to enter the BIOS menu. Then set and save BIOS sata mode from Raid to AHCI. Then exit BIOS to boot into Safe Mode Windows. That should set the drive controller to AHCI. Then you can set safe mode Windows to boot to normal Windows. 

Jack E/NJ

• Ehsan22
    Options
    thank you.
    But i do this. I set windows to boot in safe mode. then I go to BIOS and changed sata mode to AHCI. but again, I just see a blank screen in boot up and I cant even use F2 key again.

I think this is BIOS bug and I must wait for update...
  • JackE
    Options
    >>>I set windows to boot in safe mode.>>>

Did you run msconfig boot tab to run safe boot mode with basic video?

Jack E/NJ

• Ehsan22
    Options
    I used this code in cmd:
    bcdedit /set {current} safeboot minimal

Then restart my device and it go to safe mode fore all next times.

And used this code for chage back it:
    bcdedit /deletevalue {current} safeboot
  • JackE
    Options
    Use msconfig to try to force basic video. Use BIOS supervisor password, disable secure boot and press Ctrl+S in each BIOS tab for any additional hidden options. Also try HDMI out to an external TV or monitor if still no screen.  Unfortunately, If none of these work, you might  be forced to backup your personal files and break the raid by cleaning the drive and reinstalling Win10.

Jack E/NJ

• Ehsan22
    Options
    I do all of this and thank you.

But again, my problem is not WINDOWS. I have problem with BIOS. When I power on the device on AHCI, Acer logo not showen to me, just a black screen showen for all the time.
    I even delete all of my drives. This is a BIOS problem that can't boot up device with AHCI. I looking for a solution to fix the BIOS problem.

How can I tell  this problem to acer developers???
  • JackE
    Options
    >>>By holding 10s power button, bios will be reseat.
    >>>When I power on the device on AHCI, Acer logo not showen>>>

What happens if you press and hold F2 key with machine off, then while still holding F2 key, turn the machine on?

Jack E/NJ

• Ehsan22
    Options
    Nothing, just like I do not press and hold F2 key.
    Just a blank screen...
  • JackE
    Options
    >>>my problem is not WINDOWS>>>When I power on the device on AHCI, Acer logo not show n to me,>>>
    >>>How can I tell  this problem to acer developers??? >>>

I'm not sure about it not being at least partly due to Windows boot manager. I say this because the BIOS might have already processed information on how Windows should start up (even in safe mode) in the trusted boot.EFI file in the FAT32 boot EFI partition well before the logo appears. Possibly a way to test this is to disconnect the drive with the EFI partition to see if screen remains the same.

Jack E/NJ

• Ehsan22
    Options
    I think you right. I delete EFI partition and acer logo showen to me in AHCI mode, then "No Bootable Device".
    Then I install windows in AHCI mode and evrything is good...
    But after shutdown windows, that blank problem happened again!
  • JackE
    Options
    >>> delete EFI partition>>>>>>>Then I install windows in AHCI mode and everything is good...>>>

What do you mean? The EFI partition must not be deleted. Only one of it's efi file entries needs to be changed. How did you install Windows?

Jack E/NJ

• Ehsan22
    Options
    With a live linux, I Deleted EFI partition that have 100MB space(crated with windows installer).
    Then AHCI mode work normally and I install a windows in that mode. after finished setup and shotdown, that problem happened again(with RESTART evrything is good).
  • Ehsan22
    Options
    JackE, I tested a lot of things and now I am sure that the problem is a BIOS bug and I must wait for Update.
    But now, I am going to buy INTEL OPTAIN MEMORY instead of m.2 ssd and using sata OPTAIN WITHOUT RAID mode instead of AHCI.
    Thank you JackE.
  • JackE
    Options
    EFI partition is needed to install Windows in UEFI BIOS with GPT partitioned boot drive!!! Optane memory is only a cache memory for a mechanical HDD and can't be used in AHCI mode, only iRST mode. iRST with optane memory also can't be used by Linux if you want to dual boot.  This won't solve your problem.

Jack E/NJ

• Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Hi! Do the following:
    a) on windows, press windows+r and type msconfig. Then go to system startup, enable safe boot and restart windows. This will make the blue screen not appear when changing the sata mode.
    b) let windows enter safe boot and then restart it again. Go to the bios, go to the main tab, press ctrl+s and change the sata mode to ahci.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • JackE
    Options

We've traveled this safe mode route before at least two different ways. https://community.acer.com/en/discussion/comment/1032775/#Comment_1032775   Part of the problem seems to be too many other changes are being made at the same time a suggested solution is made. 

Jack E/NJ

• Ehsan22
    Options
    After I changing sata mode to AHCI in bios and save changes, I just see this screen...
    No acer logo, No blue screen error and etc.
  • JackE
    Options
    If it was my machine acting this way, I'd hard break the RAID by setting the sata mode to AHCI and F12 boot from a Win10 installation USB made by using Microsoft media creation tool. Then wipe the boot HDD or SSD clean and install Win10 from the USB stick on it in AHCI mode,

Jack E/NJ