Aspire 3 (Windows 10) won't turn on when closed in sleep mode when I turn on my wireless mouse.

RWD
RWD Member Posts: 3 New User
My old Aspire 5315 (Windows 7) was closed in sleep mode and always turned on when the same wireless mouse was turned on.  We use our Aspire 3 with a 27 inch monitor and keep it closed to use wireless mouse and onscreen keyboard. Is this a Windows problem, Aspire 3, or a settings problem?  I don't want to turn on my mouse and open the laptop a few inches to turn on, and then close it after it is on.

Best Answer

• RWD
    Answer ✓
    I finally looked at the F2 BIOS settings and there was a setting to enable USB sleep wake up, it fixed my problem!  I'm sorry I didn't find this a year ago.  Sorry for any inconvenience.

Answers

• Have you checked this setting?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • RWD
    Allow this device to wake the computer is checked.
    The mouse driver is 6/21/2006 version 10.0.19041.1 and is Microsoft wireless mobile mouse 3500.  I bought two of these computers and mice and both of them have this problem since I started using them.  I've checked all of the sleep settings that I know about.  I used the same mouse on my Aspire 5315 with no problems like this.

• RWD
    Answer ✓
    I finally looked at the F2 BIOS settings and there was a setting to enable USB sleep wake up, it fixed my problem!  I'm sorry I didn't find this a year ago.  Sorry for any inconvenience.
  • OK! Accept your own answer, to place the topic as resolved.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :)