Adding more than one external monitor to laptop - ​Aspire 5 A515-56-7404

JeepsBabe
JeepsBabe Member Posts: 1 New User
edited July 2021 in Aspire Laptops
I have an Aspire 5 A515-56-7404 Notebook. The graphics card (Intel Iris Xe) supports 4 monitors.  There is one HDMI port, one USB 2.0 port, two USB 3.2 Gen 1 Type A ports, and one USB 3.2 Gen 1 Type C port (not Thunderbolt).

I have one external monitor connected to the HDMI port and it works great.  If I connect a second external monitor to any of the other ports on my laptop, there is no signal.  Additionally, I connected a 4URPC USB-C Dual display Docking Station to my laptop's USB C port and connected my monitors to it but it does not work, either.

If my laptop supports 4 monitors, how am I supposed to connect them?  Thank you for your help!!

​//Edited the content to add model name.

Answers

• Leostat
    Leostat ACE Posts: 3,043 Pathfinder
    When you say it supports 4 monitors how do you mean,? If it's from the GPU spec sheet that will be 'upto' if they are added to the board rather than on every machine . To get more than one screen you will need to use usb displaylink adapters to shuttle video over usb
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,421 Trailblazer
    The docking station you purchased only supports systems with DP over USB-C. Your system doesn't have that support. To add more displays (and it's independent of the GPU features) is to add a dock that generates it's own video. There are lots of them, but they tend to be more expensive than the one you got.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.