Please give me an explanation for this screen problem H243HX.

x4711
x4711 Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

edited July 2021 in Monitors
I have the monitor H243HX. Not used much and only cleaned carefully dry with a microfiber tissue. Recently it started to get waves on the screen - see picture. It is useless now. How can this happen?

Answers

• DID YOU use any abrasive liquid? Do these waves appear when the monitor is turned on?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,436 Trailblazer
    That almost looks like the surface has been exposed to a solvent that partially melted the surface. :(
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • x4711

Tinkerer

I never used water or anything else on the monitor to clean it. I only used a try microfiber tissue very carefully. It happened within a couple of weeks. In all this time nobody used it. I have never ever seen anything like this.
  • x4711

Tinkerer

To the question if the waves appear when the monitor is on. They are on the surface of the screen. Recently some areas got grey and there the displayed content cannot be seen anymore. It seems as if only the glass got a problem. The rest of the monitor seems to be working normally.
  • Can you send a photo or a video, with the monitor turned on and showing the windows 10 image? Is your monitor still under warranty or RMA exchange with the vendor?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • x4711

Tinkerer

Can you send a photo or a video, with the monitor turned on and showing the windows 10 image? Is your monitor still under warranty or RMA exchange with the vendor?
    Here are the pictures. The first one shows again the waves on the outside surface. The last one was taken about a week after the second one. Now it has these grey areas. The picture also got more white. The monitor surface simply deteriorates. There is no warranty anymore. But it would be nice if Acer gives my an explanation how all this can happen. 

• Are you sure you haven't spilled any liquid onto the display?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• x4711

Tinkerer

Are you sure you haven't spilled any liquid onto the display?
    Yes, I am absolutely sure. I also always cleaned it only dry. And never sunshine came there.
  • Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,695 Trailblazer
    edited August 2021
    This is a display problem. The ideal is to send the monitor to a repair center so that the technician can analyze the monitor.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• x4711

Tinkerer

This is a display problem. The ideal is to send the monitor to a repair center so that the technician can analyze the monitor.
    You are funny. Didn't think that this is a display problem 😉

I think it is something that is called the vinegar syndrome. After looking very long on the Internet I learned about this yesterday. And yes, the monitor smells like vinegar. The polarizer dissolves itself. It is possible to repair this if you find someone that would do this strange repair. At Acer they for sure will not do something like this. The best fix is to throw it away. And you have to be careful. I put my Acer notebook in front of this monitor. The gases from the bad monitor can start the same reaction on the display of the notebook monitor. Here is a link to YouTube that explains all this. 

https://youtu.be/zbrW7uUYpkw