SK Hynix Gold P31 on Triton 500 PT515-52

Options
connde
connde Member Posts: 10

Tinkerer

edited July 2021 in Predator Laptops
Hi, I have a Triton 500 PT515-52 and want to add a new Nvme drive, the SK Hynix model seems to be a great choice due to price, temperature level and speed.

Has anyone tried this setup on their Triton 500?

​//Edited the content to add model name.

Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 10,032 Trailblazer
    edited July 2021
    Options
    connde said:
    Hi, I have a Triton 500 PT515-52 and want to add a new Nvme drive, the SK Hynix model seems to be a great choice due to price, temperature level and speed.

Has anyone tried this setup on their Triton 500?

These are all the Acer recommended M.2 drives for your PT515-52 (see caption below) these drive types and manufacturers have been tested to work the best and 100% with your Triton 500 PT515-52, IMO I would use these models especially the Samsung as they are the most reliable, best performing and they use the best quality components and are not prone to false specs and/or inferior quality components like its been found out with other M.2 drives (this is my opinion only). Capacities are only limited by the MBR and GPT formatting rules of your OS that you are using. 

Note: if you are using windows OS then the MBR format rules restricts you to use an M.2 max capacity of 2TB and a GPT formatted M.2 you can use M.2 drives of 2TB and above.

• connde
    connde Member Posts: 10

Tinkerer

Options
    Aren't those OEM SSDs that aren't available in stores?

Mine came with mzvlb512hbjq-00007, cannot get that here in Uruguay, and in eBay most are open box or used, it does not gives me much confidence to be honest.

Hyundai is the second largest chip maker behind Samsung, so they should have good products I assume, but assuming that I would play safe a 970 Evo Plus should work just fine? What do you think?