Aspire GX-781 CPU Running 95-100 Degrees because of Smart fan. NOT safe..

Kazsham
Kazsham Member Posts: 4 New User
Acer have given me no access to the BIOS to disable Smart fan. Smart Fan is set to kick in when the CPU reachers 95-100Degrees. This is WAY to hot for a CPU to run to before a fan cools it down.
I need to change so it kicks in earlier. OR so my fan always runs. This is terrible for the life of the product. How can I change these settings?

Answers

• Kazsham
    I have the Aspire GX-781  - https://pastebin.com/sZJbq6GS  this is the pastebin link to my full spec.
  • StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 11,454 Trailblazer
    edited July 2021
    Kazsham said:
    Acer have given me no access to the BIOS to disable Smart fan. Smart Fan is set to kick in when the CPU reachers 95-100Degrees. This is WAY to hot for a CPU to run to before a fan cools it down.
    I need to change so it kicks in earlier. OR so my fan always runs. This is terrible for the life of the product. How can I change these settings?

What is the exact model number of your laptop? As allot of the modern laptops not all like one example of the Nitro 5 Gaming AN515-55 is designed for high CPU temps and its quoted specs temps are - PROCHOT at 98°C, OS shut down at 100°C, H/W shut down at PH1=85°C so irrespective of your temps your laptop will turn off at max 100°C.

• Kazsham
    edited July 2021
    StevenGen said:
    Kazsham said:

What is the exact model number of your laptop? As allot of the modern laptops not all like one example of the Nitro 5 Gaming AN515-55 is designed for high CPU temps and its quoted specs temps are - PROCHOT at 98°C, OS shut down at 100°C, H/W shut down at PH1=85°C so irrespective of your temps your laptop will turn off at max 100°C.

Hi, it's a Desktop PC. 
    IT shouldn't operate so close it it's shutdown cutoff temp smart fan should be set much lower to kick the fan in. The fan does not activate until it reaches 95-100 degrees.. Surely this is near breaking point constantly for the CPU?

The fan literally doesn't kick in until like 98degrees, 100degrees alot of the time
     This is not a 'design'. If it is its a built in kill switch to make sure the cpu breaks. 
  • SABIT
    SABIT Member Posts: 2 New User
    If Your Fan Gets Heated up To 90 - 100 degrees Dont Worry Mine laptop also GEts heated Up To 90 Degrees
  • Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Hi Kazsham,

Is there any option to adjust the fan speed in nitrosense app.
  • Kazsham
    Easwar said:
    Hi Kazsham,

Is there any option to adjust the fan speed in nitrosense app.
    Nope it's an aspire desktop 
    No fan options
    No software can change it either it's all behind a locked bios 
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,439 Trailblazer
    Smart fan should be running the fan at slower speeds when the CPU is at lower temperatures and at high speed when at higher temperatures. I'm guessing there's something wrong with the fan, either in it's wiring or in the speed control. Is there a chance it's plugged into the wrong socket on the MB? The system fan is right next to the CPU fan. You shouldn't be seeing that high of numbers without the fan howling at full speed...
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • lubu
    lubu Member Posts: 29 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
    replace the CPU stock heatsink and fan with better one on market..... problem solved