Nitro 5 AN515-55-51GW Is more than 90 degrees while gaming dangerous?

Maxek
Maxek Member Posts: 12

Tinkerer

edited July 2021 in Nitro Gaming
Hello, I've recently purchased brand-new gaming laptop Acer Nitro 5 AN515-55-51GW with RTX 3060, Intel Core i5 10300H and 16 GB RAM. Since the first gameplay, I have noticed the temperatures always goes up to 85 and higher when I play not much demanding games such as Enlisted or Rainbow Six Siege. And I have been wondering if it's dangerous/bad and there is something to worry about. 

(Yes I use cooling pad and the CoolBoost is always on while playing).

Thanks for possible answer to my problem.

Thread was edited to add model name to the title

Best Answer

• GAMING6698
    GAMING6698 ACE Posts: 6,318 Pathfinder
    edited July 2021 Answer ✓
    @Maxek
    More than 90°C is not dangerous laptop but not good from gaming because system start throttling to protect your system.

Here are a few things that I do while gaming on a laptop and hope you find it helpful too:-
    1. Place the laptop on an even surface,like a table and not your bed or lap.This helps in proper flow of air into the laptop. If possible Use a good cooling pad .I personally use a cooling pad standing one..and it flow cool air keeping my laptop cool all time. It also helps raise your laptop, reducing the temperature of the components..
    2. Check if the vents and holes of your laptop are dustfree and not blocked
    3. Make sure your room is well ventelated.Keep your AC or Fan on during summers because room temperature affect a lot 
    4. Try not to multitask (no torrents in the background or chrome or any other app which means more work for the CPU). Close all background app while gaming.
    5. limiting fps is also effective method 
    Also check this guide may help you-
    Windows 10 optimization guide for gaming — Acer Community
    windows 10/11 optimization guide for gaming 
    Windows 10/11 optimization guide for gaming — Acer Community

My AN515-43 laptop UserBenchmark-
    https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/51514566

Answers

• GAMING6698
    GAMING6698 ACE Posts: 6,318 Pathfinder
    edited July 2021 Answer ✓
    @Maxek
    More than 90°C is not dangerous laptop but not good from gaming because system start throttling to protect your system.

Here are a few things that I do while gaming on a laptop and hope you find it helpful too:-
    1. Place the laptop on an even surface,like a table and not your bed or lap.This helps in proper flow of air into the laptop. If possible Use a good cooling pad .I personally use a cooling pad standing one..and it flow cool air keeping my laptop cool all time. It also helps raise your laptop, reducing the temperature of the components..
    2. Check if the vents and holes of your laptop are dustfree and not blocked
    3. Make sure your room is well ventelated.Keep your AC or Fan on during summers because room temperature affect a lot 
    4. Try not to multitask (no torrents in the background or chrome or any other app which means more work for the CPU). Close all background app while gaming.
    5. limiting fps is also effective method 
    Also check this guide may help you-
    Windows 10 optimization guide for gaming — Acer Community
    windows 10/11 optimization guide for gaming 
    Windows 10/11 optimization guide for gaming — Acer Community

My AN515-43 laptop UserBenchmark-
    https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/51514566
  • StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 9,942 Trailblazer
    Maxek said:
    Hello, I've recently purchased brand-new gaming laptop Acer Nitro 5 AN515-55-51GW with RTX 3060, Intel Core i5 10300H and 16 GB RAM. Since the first gameplay, I have noticed the temperatures always goes up to 85 and higher when I play not much demanding games such as Enlisted or Rainbow Six Siege. And I have been wondering if it's dangerous/bad and there is something to worry about. 

Just as an addition, the AN515-55 is designed for high CPU temps and its quoted temp specs are - PROCHOT at 98°C, OS shut down at 100°C, H/W shut down at PH1=85°C so irrespective of your temps your laptop will turn off at max 100°C.

• Maxek
    Maxek Member Posts: 12

Tinkerer

StevenGen said:
    Maxek said:

Just as an addition, the AN515-55 is designed for high CPU temps and its quoted temp specs are - PROCHOT at 98°C, OS shut down at 100°C, H/W shut down at PH1=85°C so irrespective of your temps your laptop will turn off at max 100°C.

Thanks for answer, so it is perfectly fine and there is nothing to worry about according to this model?