I recently installed an extra NVMe m.2 in my Aspire a715-74g and it isn't showing up in any way.

Egentner
Egentner Member Posts: 3 New User
So I just installed a new NVMe M.2 PCie like the title says but it isn't showing up in disk manager, device manager, or even the bios. I checked which port I was installing it to to make sure it was Pcie and not just Sata. However, the slots are  PCIe and PCIe/Sata. The original 528 gb NVMe is a sata drive so it should work in both ports and it does. I tried switching the drives around but the new drive did not show up in anyway and it still booted to windows and the original drive was working. Any suggestions as to what I should try. The drive and connectors are fine as far as I can tell.

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,775 Trailblazer
    Please post a phone photo of the BIOS INFORMATION tab if possible.

Jack E/NJ

• Egentner
    Egentner Member Posts: 3 New User
    JackE said:
    Please post a phone photo of the BIOS INFORMATION tab if possible.
    Here is what my bios is saying. Should be the tab you asked for
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,775 Trailblazer
    I think the new card is defective. What brand model is it? But to make sure, the iRST sata mode should be changed to AHCI as there is no benefit to it with an SSD plus it complicates matters. RST and optane card caches are NOT two of Intel's better ideas. However, you really should back up any personal files to a USB stick before changing SATA mode as it involves  booting to safe mode after making the change to install the AHCI drivers. Then booting again in regular mode. A bit risky.

Jack E/NJ