Swift 5 (SF515 51T 78PB) 2 years old black screen on start up

Gpowerz
Gpowerz Member Posts: 4 New User
My Swift 5 (SF515 51T 78PB) 2 years old was working almost fine but last week when I had open the screen, screen was black.
The blue led was on, also the orange one and fan is starting to run after 2 minutes after startup. I had tried with an external screen but no signal on external screen.
 I had tried also to unplug and replug the battery but nothing changed. The keyboard light is light on when i tried to open the screen and switch off when closing (so it's detecting the opening).
I saw a lot similar treads but never a way to fix it, only people saying i have the same case. Please give information or even your testimonial if you have the same problem.

PS : When I said almost work, others problems were a sound problem sometimes, and a circle halo on the screen than can be view on white screen but maybe it was linked to the quality of the screen.

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,719 Trailblazer
    OK, likely the battery is just confused. Your SF515-51T has a battery reset hole hole on the bottom of the laptop, so a reset is easy. Unplug everything including the power and flip it over. Use something like a bent paperclip to press and hold the switch under the pinhole for 15-30 seconds then release. Wait for 15-30 minutes to make sure everything has had enough time to bleed off and plug only the charger back in. Wait for the full battery indication (battery light switches from amber to blue) then plug back in any peripherals you ahd connected and turn it back on. Let us know if that works or not and we'll go farther in the diagnostics if needed.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Hi Gpowerz,

# Try to get the BIOS page.
    1. Turn OFF the unit.
    ​2. Press and hold the F2 key and turn on the unit. 
    3. You will be in setup utility page. 
    4. Once you got the screen release the F2 key.
    5. Tap on F9 key and hit enter key without changing the option.
    6. Tap on F10 key and hit enter key without changing the option.
    7. Your unit will restart by itself. 

Check this T/S and post the result. ​
  • Gpowerz
    billsey said:
    OK, likely the battery is just confused. Your SF515-51T has a battery reset hole hole on the bottom of the laptop, so a reset is easy. Unplug everything including the power and flip it over. Use something like a bent paperclip to press and hold the switch under the pinhole for 15-30 seconds then release. Wait for 15-30 minutes to make sure everything has had enough time to bleed off and plug only the charger back in. Wait for the full battery indication (battery light switches from amber to blue) then plug back in any peripherals you ahd connected and turn it back on. Let us know if that works or not and we'll go farther in the diagnostics if needed.
    I had tried this and I had also disconnected the battery plug inside to be sure. Nothing changed
  • Gpowerz
    Easwar said:
    Hi Gpowerz,

1. Turn OFF the unit.

I had nothing on the screen and I had tried also keyboard function.... nothing happened
  • Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru

Hi Gpowerz,

Try to do power drain,

1. Shutdown the unit.
    2. Unplug the cables connected to the unit.
    3. At bottom of the unit there will be a small tiny pin hole with a battery symbol close to it. Take a pin or a paper clip insert into it you feels like pressing a button hold it for 20-30 seconds. ​

• PudsyMike
    PudsyMike Member Posts: 1 New User
    billsey said:
    This worked for me. Thank you. 
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,719 Trailblazer
    @PudsyMike good to know, this is why they have the search function, so people can see a potential answer when they have the same question.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Tdtman
    Tdtman Member Posts: 3 New User
    Gpowerz said:
    Easwar said:
    Hi Gpowerz,

1. Turn OFF the unit.

I had nothing on the screen and I had tried also keyboard function.... nothing happened
    Have you found a solution to your problem? I have the same, can't find any solution for the moment...