can i turn off battery predator helios 300

benno1990
benno1990 Member Posts: 9 New User
edited July 2021 in Predator Laptops
i have a 2021 acer predator helios 300 and the battery gets hot while gaming and looses charge so was wondering if the battery could be turned orr or removed all together

Thread was edited to add model name to the title

Answers

• pulkitking24
    pulkitking24 Member Posts: 109 Skilled Fixer WiFi Icon
    nope you can't turn off battery. you can use a good cooling pad for cooling purpose that push air towards battery portion to it wont help by alot but i will help with maintaining temp of battery. bypassing battery will void warranty and might harm your laptop if not done right so. only option is use something to cool down battery while gaming 
  • benno1990
    cooling pad doesnt work and battery looses charge while gaming all the heat goes to above the battery after gaming for 2 hours battery is almost flat

• benno1990
    not sure about warrenty but i have already upgraded the ram added more ssd storage and hdd storage 
  • pulkitking24
    when you are playing a demanding game battery drain is common on many gaming laptop. ram and ssd and hdd wont interfere with warranty but modifying battery will void warranty if you think your battery is running too hot then you can use hwinfo or hwmonitor to check it's temp. gaming laptop battery usually get hot i am having similar issue but there isn't much you can do with battery heating issue it's pretty common also. and there is one thing you can do reduce temp of battery is to play gaming in at a lower room temp like 22 degree Celsius.
  • Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Hi benno1990,

# Try to update the battery driver

1. Hold windows key and hit letter X.
    2. Choose the device manager option.
    3. Go with the option battery.
    4. Under the title battery.
    Update Battery Drivers in Windows EASILY - Driver Easy
    5. Right click on that option ----> Update all driver under the title battery.
    6. Choose "search automatically". 

Check this T/S and post the result. ​
  • benno1990
    The temp here is currently under 10 degrees every day not much different in the house until I watery the heater at night I will try drivers when I got three laptop battery temp wasn't a issue but now it is
  • benno1990
    and nothing happened with the driver already had newest one installed
  • Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Hi benno1990,

# Try to get the BIOS page.
    1. Turn OFF the unit.
    ​2. Press and hold the F2 key and turn on the unit. 
    3. You will be in setup utility page. 
    4. Once you got the screen release the F2 key.
    5. Tap on F9 key and hit enter key without changing the option.
    6. Tap on F10 key and hit enter key without changing the option.
    7. Your unit will restart by itself. 

• pulkitking24
    driver doesn't help with temp much unless there is some issue with driver. so running little hot isn't issue but if  too hot then it's issue. and with heater running i don't think cooling pad will help either so i would suggest you to not go too hot on heater maybe that help. also try gaming without heater and then with heater see if there is any difference in temp
  • benno1990
    there is no difference in temperature the heater is a fireplace the gpu and cpu are staying nice and cool with the fans its just a battery issue 
  • benno1990
    Easwar said:
    Hi benno1990,

# Try to get the BIOS page.
    1. Turn OFF the unit.
    ​2. Press and hold the F2 key and turn on the unit. 
    3. You will be in setup utility page. 
    4. Once you got the screen release the F2 key.
    5. Tap on F9 key and hit enter key without changing the option.
    6. Tap on F10 key and hit enter key without changing the option.
    7. Your unit will restart by itself. 

holding f2 does nothing on startup pressing it worked so are we talking about the same computer also the f9 and f10 key in bios do nothing at all? so not sure laptop is a 
    PREDATOR PH315-53
  • benno1990
    today i confirmed it so increased fan speed helped keep battery cool but laptop went flat while on charge during flight on microsoft flight simulator 
  • pulkitking24
    if it battery issue then I would suggest you to have your battery  replaced. if laptop under warranty 
  • benno1990
    well its got 5 years extended cover but took it in today and they said it was fine