XB273U why does my screen go black? when in game it randomly goes black for a few seconds

Options
AimlessHippie
AimlessHippie Member Posts: 5 New User
edited January 2023 in Predator Monitors
i am running a 1080TI. i have 2 other monitors hooked up (that do not go black) hitting a max of 75 C. My driver is up to date. when gaming i use the predator monitor. for some reason when in game it will randomly go black for a few seconds and then come back. it is particularly bad on the game control (one of the more intense games i play) but also does it on games like horizon zero dawn. and it has never had done it while playing AoE2 DE. any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks!

Thread was edited to add model name to the title

Answers

• Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Options
    Hi AimlessHippie,

May I know the full model name of your unit.

• AimlessHippie
    Options
    Yes, here it is. XB273U Gsbmiiprzx
  • AimlessHippie
    edited August 2023
    Options
    In addition to hardware issues, your computer screen goes black randomly because of some software problems. First, try a simple way. This way is an easy solution. Just use the Windows logo key + Ctrl + Shift + B keyboard shortcut to wake up your display.

By the time I do this in a game my screen would already be back (and I may be dead in game) so I can’t really do this. What kind of hardware or software issue would cause one monitor to go black for few seconds while in game? (The others won’t do this even if I use them for gaming)

[Edited the content to hide sensitive information]
  • Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Options
    Hi AimlessHippie,

Monitor self test,

1. Power OFF the unit.
    2. Unplug all the cables.
    3. Press and hold the power button for 30 seconds.
    4. Turn ON the unit and check.
  • AimlessHippie
    Options
    Easwar said:
    Hi AimlessHippie,

Monitor self test,

1. Power OFF the unit.
    2. Unplug all the cables.
    3. Press and hold the power button for 30 seconds.
    4. Turn ON the unit and check.
    I will try this and get back to you
  • AimlessHippie
    Options
    So I tried it, what was it supposed to do?
  • johnnyistrue
    johnnyistrue Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    I'm having the same problem, have tried new cables and still does it.

I also randomly have just a couple inches at the top flicker black.

Do you also have a problem with screen burn? every so often the score board in warzone get burnt onto the screen for like 60 seconds, super annoying.

It just seems entirely random, nothing in particular triggers it, I have had it in windows too, not just gaming.
  • Mariab
    Mariab Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    This may be due to hardware issue. sometime screen gets black also due to software problems. if anyone gets solution then tell me.
  • ava93
    ava93 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    this is entirely due to the monitor ive had this problem for over 3 years now on my 240 hz and finally got an entire new rig as the old one was dying i still have the same problem monitor flicking black randomly when games are being played. been passively looking for solutions and have yet to find one now that i finally now that it is the monitor the thing is out of warranty lmfao what a joke
  • joseph123
    joseph123 Member Posts: 4 New User
    Options
    This problem is because heating problem when your monitor is running continuously then this problem is arise so no worry plugged off and restart your computer every three hour
  • DevTheTurk
    DevTheTurk Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

I’m having the same issue. It’ll be completely random but it’s happened multiple times within a span of 30 minutes or it’ll happen every few hours. The screen goes black for about 3 seconds then comes back online. My monitor has warranty still but I wonder if they will actually fix the problem. It seems like this is a common issue especially for the gx version of the XB273U model…

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,722 Trailblazer
    Options

Go ahead and have Acer open a ticket on it. With one of the other models that had a similar issue they did a firmware fix, but most models don't have a method to update firmware without a trip to the repair depot.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • firebolt059
    firebolt059 Member Posts: 13

Tinkerer

Options

My monitor is x28 but also randomly goes black in games. Was there ever a solution?

• Stealer999
    Stealer999 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

I found a solution (you're gonna hate it) With my monitor I had started playing with the settings in game. When I switched it to 60 Hz it resolved the problem. There are certain games which this isn't an issue and I can run it at 144Hz just fine and it never goes black. Other games (Ravenswatch for example) It happens consistantly every minute or so and switching to 60Hz resolves the issue. The only time it happens on desktop is when I open Hulu in chrome, it happens once and doesn't happen ever again. Hope this helps!