My Acer Aspire TC-895-UA92 Desktop's fan is always on and loud

Mutt
Mutt Member Posts: 1 New User
in the first month or so, the fan was quiet, but now it's always on no matter what I'm doing on it or what's its temperature is. Is there any way to quiet it down? 

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,700 Trailblazer
    Which version of the BIOS is installed? We've seen a few instances where if Windows Update does a BIOS update it gets the fan table mucked up. Going into the BIOS and doing an F9 to reset to factory, then F10 to save and exit usually gets it sorted.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Larryodie
    Larryodie Member Posts: 1,432 Supercomputer Wrangler WiFi Icon
    edited July 2021
    I had that problem for a while, after I got my TC-895-UA92, but it happened mostly in stand-by plus I couldn't get it out of stand-by without holding the power button. I had read a review on here or Amazon that others had had that problem and it went away as mine has been OK for several months. 
    A note on the Bios Update. Version R01-A2 has a fan & temperature status page under Advanced.
    Also I tried to roll my Bios back to the factory version by doing the F9 and F10 sequences. It stayed with the new version R01-A1 that I had installed in March or so, Good Luck. 
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,700 Trailblazer
    F9->F10 doesn't change the BIOS version, it just sets the BIOS to it's default state.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Kooler
    Kooler Member Posts: 2 New User

I tried your recommendation but am not sure if it worked as it requires Admin access to do F9. There was no confirmation nor error message. I have a model D17E5, Aspire TC-895 updated to Windows 11.

My system bios version is R01-A0 Build date 05/19/20, EC firmware is ver 1.01 build date 05/19/20

Thanks

• Kooler
    Kooler Member Posts: 2 New User

Update. It seems to be working. No more loud noise of fan running.

• Larryodie
    Larryodie Member Posts: 1,432 Supercomputer Wrangler WiFi Icon

Monitor your temperatures with real time utilities like SPECCY OR manually check your fan for noise while rotating manually. Watch the RPM too.