Reboot and Select proper Boot Device Predator PO5-615s

Options
Ripz
Ripz Member Posts: 3 New User
edited July 2021 in Predator Desktops
Hi guys i'm new here, just wanted to ask: I recently purchased an Acer Predator PO5-615s and updated my windows to the latest version i think it was 20H2? Cannot remember clearly the version though. It was running smoothly after a week i get the 'Reboot and Select proper Boot Device'. I encountered this kind of error from the past computer was easily able to fix it by resetting the CMOS battery or reconnecting the boot device or even updating the BIOS. But here in this Acer machine i'm having trouble, can't even find CMOS battery if there is one. Can someone here help me out? Thanks in advance

Thread was edited to add model name to the title

guys.

Best Answer

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,921 Trailblazer
    edited July 2021 Answer ✓
    Options
    It looks like the SSD has been initialized again after the Windows install. There are no partitions shown, so it can't even find the EFI partition which is the first step in loading an OS. That may be an indication the SSD has failed or that something like malware has wiped the partition table from the drive. Either way you are likely going to need an OS reinstall, which will loose any data and apps that were on the drive. Your machine is new enough that it should be under warranty. If it still within the window have your vendor swap it out for a different one and let them deal with Acer for repair. If you are outside that window contact Acer support and go through their repair process. If the drive is good they'll just reinstall the factory image, if the drive is bad they'll replace it with a new one.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 10,064 Trailblazer
    Options
    Ripz said:
    Hi guys i'm new here, just wanted to ask: I recently purchased an Acer Predator PO5-615s and updated my windows to the latest version i think it was 20H2? Cannot remember clearly the version though. It was running smoothly after a week i get the 'Reboot and Select proper Boot Device'. I encountered this kind of error from the past computer was easily able to fix it by resetting the CMOS battery or reconnecting the boot device or even updating the BIOS. But here in this Acer machine i'm having trouble, can't even find CMOS battery if there is one. Can someone here help me out? Thanks in advance guys.

First tell us on which drive you have your Windows 10 boot drive on? Is it on the Seagate Barracuda 2TB or the WD M.2 2280 NVMe DRIVE - ? As I’m sure that your boot operating system is on the WD M.2 2280 NVMe drive and you have your 1st boot order on the Segate Barracuda 2TB drive!

The reason why you are getting this problem is because your Predator PO5-615s BIOS at “1st Boot Device” is set to boot from the Seagate Barracuda 2TB Hard Disk Drive and not the WD M.2 2280 NVMe drive where you have your boot Windows -10 operating system.

BIOS Setup Utility(Boot options)

This page enables you to set the keyboard Num Lock state.

Boot Mode (UEFI) - Use this item to select system boot to UEFI or Legacy OS.

Boot Priority Order - This item shows the information of the boot priority order.

1st/2nd/3rd/4th Boot Device - Use these items to determine the device order the computer uses to look for an operating system to load at start-up time.

Try that as that will get your Predator PO5-615s to boot from the WD M.2 NVMe drive where your Windows 10 OS boot drive is.
  • Ripz
    Options
    Hi StevenGen, first off thank you for your reply, Yes my OS is installed in my NVMe but it cannot detect my NVMe as boot device, image shown below. And earlier i used my Windows 10 PRO OS installer if I can repair the OS but i saw that my NVMe is 'UNALLOCATED'. Well i'm pretty sure I installed my OS and some apps and games there. But how come it says 'UNALLOCATED'? Can you help me out?
  • billsey
    edited July 2021 Answer ✓
    Options
    It looks like the SSD has been initialized again after the Windows install. There are no partitions shown, so it can't even find the EFI partition which is the first step in loading an OS. That may be an indication the SSD has failed or that something like malware has wiped the partition table from the drive. Either way you are likely going to need an OS reinstall, which will loose any data and apps that were on the drive. Your machine is new enough that it should be under warranty. If it still within the window have your vendor swap it out for a different one and let them deal with Acer for repair. If you are outside that window contact Acer support and go through their repair process. If the drive is good they'll just reinstall the factory image, if the drive is bad they'll replace it with a new one.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Ripz
    Options
    billsey said:

Thank you for your reply, I also think that's the case. My fault was I didn't check the health of the SSD before installing the apps, games and my files, confident since it was new and an ACER product. I'll return the Unit if i see that the SSD is faulty. Thank you again billsey and StevenGen for your help.

• billsey
    Options
    Let us know how it works out.