A515-51G. No keyboard backlight, Fn+F9 not working after reinstalling WIN10

Options
Sim26
Sim26 Member Posts: 6 New User
After the SSD failed, I installed the KINGSTON SA400M8240G drive. I installed Windows 10 from the MICROSOFT repository and downloaded the drivers from Acer technical support. 
The system works fine except for the keyboard backlight. Fn + F9 has no effect. Following various prompts, I tried to update the BIOS. Jet version 1.15. I downloaded the file with version 
2.02 but I get the message: Mount the EFI sytem partition Failed.
Please give me a hint, what should I do to restore the keyboard backlight? Regards.

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,482 Trailblazer
    Options
    Does Device Manager show any red or yellow driver warnings?

Jack E/NJ

• Sim26
    Options
    No. Everything in Device Manager is OK
  • JackE
    Options
    OK, if you haven't done so already install this chipset driver.

Jack E/NJ

• Sim26
    Options
    Hi Jack. 
    No change after installation. 
    I am loosing my hope :-(
  • JackE
    Options
    >>>After the SSD failed, I installed the KINGSTON SA400M8240G drive.>>>

Check to make sure the keyboard backlight connector didn't come loose when you changed drives. It is separate from but right next to the keyboard connector.

Jack E/NJ

• Sim26
    Options
    Connector and tape are in perfect condition. When I changed SSD i did not disconnect those connectors. I just checked it out.
  • JackE
    Options
    >>>When I changed SSD i did not disconnect those connectors. I just checked it out>>>

Can you easily reach it and reseat it a few times just to help assure that its contacts are clean? If still nothing, the issue is then likely due to the generic Win10 installation since the OEM version is different and specific to the ACER proprietary mainboard & firmware. You may have to start downloading and trying other mainboard drivers, eg chipset or trying driver tools such as DriverBooster freeware to see if they pick up anything new online.

Jack E/NJ

• Sim26
    Options
    Hi. I checked contacts. Everything is clear. No broken tapes. 
    Of course, I suspected that the problem may be related to a specific version of windows prepared by ACER. On the other hand, I thought that it was enough to install the correct drivers from ACER.
    I was thinking for a moment to connect the tape from the keyboard to the permanent power supply through some resistor :-)
    I thought the topic was banal, but not.
    Maybe I will try to use the damaged SSD again? Maybe the recovery partition will be read?
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Try resetting the battery:
    If the problem still occurs, disconnect the lithion battery and the rtc battery. Then connect the rtc battery and the lithion battery again.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • JackE
    Options
    >>>Maybe the recovery partition will be read?>>>

Yes, but activating it seems to involve a process that often gets confused even when the bad SSD replaced by an identically-cloned SSD. Unfortunately, about the only almost but not quite sure-fire way of doing a true factory reset is following the ACER advice that almost nobody follows --- making a recovery stick when you first acquire the machine.   :/   You still might want to try the updated ACER chipset drivers or trying driver tools such as DriverBooster freeware to see if they pick up anything new online.

Jack E/NJ

• Sim26
    edited August 2021
    Options

Thank you but problem remains the same.

I help a friend who came to me already with a broken ssd and without a system backup on a flash drive.
  • JackE
    Options
    You still might want to try the updated ACER chipset drivers or trying driver tools such as DriverBooster freeware to see if they pick up anything new online. If is still doesn't work, then you might be able to get the original ACER factory recovery USB by clicking on this link , clicking your country, clicking the support link at the top of the page and contact the regional ACER service center. If you live in US or Canada, the recovery USB might be available from the ACER store.

Jack E/NJ

• Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Options
    Hi Sim26,

It looks like hardware issue. Contact acer tech support,

https://www.acer.com/ac/pl/PL/content/service-contact

OR book the unit for repair service,

https://customercare.acer-euro.com/customerselfservice/CaseBooking.aspx?CID=PL&LID=POL&OP=2

• JackE
    Options
    You still might want to try the updated ACER chipset drivers or trying driver tools such as DriverBooster freeware to see if they pick up anything new online. If is still doesn't work, then you might be able to get the original ACER factory recovery USB by clicking on this link , clicking your country, clicking the support link at the top of the page and contact the regional ACER service center. If you live in US or Canada, the recovery USB might be available from the ACER store.

Jack E/NJ