Acer Predator orion 5000 P05-615s freezing

tiifa
tiifa Member Posts: 7

Tinkerer

Hello, i recenlty bought a Acer Predator Orion 5000 P05-615s the issue im having with it is that it freezes sometimes for like a second and screen and sound freeze.
It happens mostly when gaming and totally random. Sometimes it does appear sometimes it dosent.
im not sure if someone else is expecting that problem, but i also dont know what to do against it.
Temp is fine all the time too. It also disconnects my audio  and i have to reconnect into the discord call so people can hear me or better i can hear them once the freeze happened.
If it matters im using a Astro a50 as audio advice. 

Best Answer

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,719 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    I don't know for sure if your model was affected, but several people have found that two things help: first make sure your keyboard and mouse are plugged into the two ports directly under the Ethernet port. They are USB 2.0, not 3.0 or faster, and neither needs the extra speed. Next make sure PredatorSense is shut down before starting the gaming. Some versions of the software introduce glitches when it goes to update stats. Better to just use it to tweak fan speeds and such and leave it off otherwise.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Answers

• billsey
    Answer ✓
    I don't know for sure if your model was affected, but several people have found that two things help: first make sure your keyboard and mouse are plugged into the two ports directly under the Ethernet port. They are USB 2.0, not 3.0 or faster, and neither needs the extra speed. Next make sure PredatorSense is shut down before starting the gaming. Some versions of the software introduce glitches when it goes to update stats. Better to just use it to tweak fan speeds and such and leave it off otherwise.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • tiifa
    tiifa Member Posts: 7

Tinkerer

keeping predator sense closed fixed the issue!
  • billsey
    Good to hear it helped! Just fire it up when you need to tweak then shut it down again.