Acer Swift 3 (Model no. SF315-41-R9S1) boot failure and unable to repair or reinstall fresh OS.

Options

Answers

• amarever
    amarever Member Posts: 166 Skilled Fixer WiFi Icon
    Options
    @egydiocoelho
    Ok sir, I will try installing Linux on SSD. 
  • amarever
    Options
    @JackE, @egydiocoelho, @billsey
    I have installed LinuxMint Cinnamon 19.3 on SSD after removing the HDD. This OS works fine.
    Now guide me with the steps for solving the original issue. How to clean the HDD in linux environment to prepare it for clean install of windows 10 on it. 
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,483 Trailblazer
    Options
    Congrats. You're almost there. :)

Jack E/NJ

• JackE
    Options
    Did you install dual boot or not?

Jack E/NJ

• amarever
    Options
    @JackE
    Nope.... Single boot on SSD. I was skeptical to install dual boot on the HDD, since that might erase all my personal stuff. 
    I uninstalled the HDD before running linux installer.
    I need to repair or reinstall windows 10 on this HDD. 😊
  • JackE
    Options
    With the Linux SSD disconnected, can you still boot Win10 from the HDD?

Jack E/NJ

• amarever
    Options
    @JackE
    I tried to boot with only HDD connected. But win 10 doesn't boot with bootable flash drive. 
  • amarever
    Options
    @JackE
    Showing same blue screen error. 
  • amarever
    Options
    @JackE, @egydiocoelho, @billsey
    I connected both SSD and HDD and moved all my personal folders and files to SSD (Linux installed). Only win 10 OS files are left in HDD now. How to prepare this HDD for fresh installation of win 10? 
  • JackE
    Options
    >>>I tried to boot with only HDD connected. But win 10 doesn't boot with bootable flash drive.  >>>

Hold on! I only asked if the HDD boots all by itself with no other internal or external drives connected?

Jack E/NJ

• amarever
    Options
    Nope. I checked both. The HDD doesn't boot by itself with no other SSD or USB drives connected. 
  • JackE
    Options
    OK. So that i don't have to go back thru six pages of posts, refresh my memory on what happens when you try to boot from the HDD alone. Does the logo just sit there and do nothing?

Jack E/NJ

• amarever
    edited September 2021
    Options
    @JackE
    After Acer logo, the following blue screen appears and pressing the keys suggested on the screen doesn't give any results (except ESC Key). If i don't press any key and the laptop is left idle, it powers off after one minute. 
  • JackE
    Options
    OK. Let's repeat this procedure with the HDD alone with the laptop completely turned off and no other internal or external drive attached.

(1) Press and hold both the ALT and F10 keys.
    (2) Don't let go of the keys. Turn the machine on.

What happens now?

Jack E/NJ

• amarever
    Options
    Followed the steps. This time... after logo, the same blue screen (shown in the last post) started flickering continuously for sometime. Then flicker stopped and steady blue screen remained for 1 minute before powering off.
  • JackE
    Options
    OK. If you keep the HDD internally installed, can you boot Mint from the SSD? If yes, we can try to clean the HDD from Gparted. If not, we can try to clean it externally from Gparted.

Jack E/NJ

• amarever
    Options
    @JackE
    Yes. I can boot LinuxMint from SSD with HDD installed internally. (I moved all my personal stuff from HDD to SDD too). 
    How to do this clean process from GPartEd? Can we create GPT partition? The file systems of linux are different from that of Windows... Like ext4. Will windows install if we format the disk from GPartEd? 

• JackE
    Options
    Yes. We can do just about everything with GPartEd IF---a big IF--the HDD doesn't have a hardware issue. First thing we want to do is start GPartEd from the SSD. You must enter your password. Unplug any USB stick so we don't get confused. Then click the down arrow to select the HDD. Make absolutely sure it's the HDD. Post a screenshot of what it looks like.

Jack E/NJ

• amarever
    Options
    @JackE
    Here is the screenshot.... This is the HDD (1 TB) 
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Delete all partitions related to hard drive only.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :)