ACER NITRO AN515-51 RAM Upgrade

ashurai
ashurai Member Posts: 5 New User
Hi,

I have upgraded my RAM with 2x16 GB DDR4 2666 MT/s

When i check in my Windows settings, i see that only 24 GB is installed. 

Anyone has an idea how to use the whole 32 GB ?

Thanks in advance for support  :)

Best Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 9,888 Trailblazer
    edited July 2021 Answer ✓
    ashurai said:
    Hi,

Try to test your RAM individually one by one in your laptop and see if they come up to spec and work and give a reading of 16GB? also, install CPUz and look in its “Memory and SPD” sections for the full specs and functionality of your RAM as these sorts of problems only happen if the RAM is either faulty or incompatible or if your memory slots are faulty and are not recognising your memory or your motherboard has faults also. Check first and narrow components down to try and find out the problem. 

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,086 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Yes, remove the RAM modules and wipe the pins and insert them at an angle and press down slowly until it locks in to the retaing clips, check them them induvidually.

Answers

• brummyfan2
    Hi,
    Could you please post the make and model of the memory modules and post the picture of Task Manager showing Performance tab for memory.

• ashurai
    Hi,

Thanks for your answer, here are the informations you ask :

The RAM is Crucial 32GB Kit (16GB x 2) DDR4 2666 MT/s (PC4-21300) SODIMM 260-Pin Memory - CT2K16G4SFRA266

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 9,888 Trailblazer
    edited July 2021 Answer ✓
    ashurai said:
    Hi,

Try to test your RAM individually one by one in your laptop and see if they come up to spec and work and give a reading of 16GB? also, install CPUz and look in its “Memory and SPD” sections for the full specs and functionality of your RAM as these sorts of problems only happen if the RAM is either faulty or incompatible or if your memory slots are faulty and are not recognising your memory or your motherboard has faults also. Check first and narrow components down to try and find out the problem. 

• ashurai
    Thanks for your answers, i have installed CPUz, here are the screenshots, it's quite interesting, slot 1 appears to be OK while slot 2 is showing my oldest
    RAM which i replaced. Do i need to flash / reset something in the BIOS maybe ?

• brummyfan2
    Hi,
    Yes, I agree with @StevenGen and follow what he said and in addition, go to BIOS and move to Main tab, press F9 button to set default values, then press F10 button to Save&Exit and see whether it helps.
    CPU-Z | Softwares | CPUID
  • brummyfan2
    edited July 2021
    No,You don't need to flash BIOS but follow I what I have written in my previous post, go to BIOS screen and move to Main tab, press F9 button followed by F10 button.
  • ashurai
    No,You don't need to flash BIOS but follow I what I have written in my previous post, go to BIOS screen and move to Main tab, press F9 button followed by F10 button.
    I have done that, it still the same, i will try to test RAM one by one and see how, thanks for your support
  • brummyfan2
    Answer ✓
    Yes, remove the RAM modules and wipe the pins and insert them at an angle and press down slowly until it locks in to the retaing clips, check them them induvidually.
  • ashurai
    I have tested both of them individually, they both were OK, then i reinstalled both together, and.. now it's OK.. Maybe i didnt installed one properly first time, i dont know.. Anyway now it's ok, thanks all for your fast answers !