Application Accounts other than windows in windows 11 upgrade predator helios 300,

Asthik_AmbalapadiAsthik_Ambalapadi Member Posts: 1 New User
edited September 2 in Windows 11
Hi I newly brought Acer predator helios 300, during April 2021 which has Win 10 home edition. I have other installed apps / default apps which is in sync with my windows 10 Home edition. If I upgrade to Win 11, those apps will be deleted & my accounts will be removed. How to resolve this issue.

Thread was edited to add model name to the title

Best Answer

• LeostatLeostat Member Posts: 1,982 Community Aficionado
    Accepted Answer
    If you upgrade you should keep apps, but may lose the ability to use local user accounts , a re install would wipe them unless you have the installer or it's been bought through the windows store. For the most part most applications which work under windows 10 will work under windows 11 :) 
    If you found the comment helpful hit the like button, If the answer solves your Q, hit the yes button on the bottom of the post! 

I'm a UK based techi, so apologies if my help links are for the UK region site! 

FAQ & Answers

• LeostatLeostat Member Posts: 1,982 Community Aficionado
    Accepted Answer
    If you upgrade you should keep apps, but may lose the ability to use local user accounts , a re install would wipe them unless you have the installer or it's been bought through the windows store. For the most part most applications which work under windows 10 will work under windows 11 :) 
    If you found the comment helpful hit the like button, If the answer solves your Q, hit the yes button on the bottom of the post! 

I'm a UK based techi, so apologies if my help links are for the UK region site! 
  • EaswarEaswar Ally Posts: 3,374
    Hi Asthik_Ambalapadi,

Create a recovery media in acer care center.