aspire 3 A315-54 what replacement battery should i get ?

joyce10196
joyce10196 Member Posts: 1 New User
edited July 2021 in Aspire Laptops
Hi my notebook doesnt charge anymore, the laptop only works when im plugged into the charger as soon as i remove it the laptop turns off and doesnt turn on unless i plug in . its an acer aspire 3 model A315-54 . i did try to reset it through the pin hole  but that didnt work. should i get a replacement battery if so what kind?

Thread was edited to add model name to the title

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,776 Trailblazer
    Go to the elevated command prompt.  Enter 'powercfg /batteryreport'. Then return to the desktop. Open file explorer. Then search for' battery-report.html' in the c:\windows\system32\ sub-folder. Double-click to open it in the browser. Post screenshot of the first part of the report if possible that compares design full charge capacity with its remaining full charge capacity. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Hi joyce10196,

These are similar to your system to replace,

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,776 Trailblazer
    Go to the elevated command prompt.  Enter 'powercfg /batteryreport'. Then return to the desktop. Open file explorer. Then search for' battery-report.html' in the c:\windows\system32\ sub-folder. Double-click to open it in the browser. Post screenshot of the first part of the report if possible that compares design full charge capacity with its remaining full charge capacity. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ