How can I tell if a hard disk is compatiable with my acer a515-51g?

mango_peveca
mango_peveca Member Posts: 1 New User
So I broke my laptop's hard disk and I'm wondering with what other I can replace it. The easiest way to do it is if I bought the same model but I'm looking for more space. Thanks in advance!

Best Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,776 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Any 2.5" HDD or SSD up to 2 TB should work just fine. Same with m.2 SSD cards. WesternDigital Blue HDDs & SSDs are good value and reliable.

Jack E/NJ

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 11,444 Trailblazer
    edited July 2021 Answer ✓
    So I broke my laptop's hard disk and I'm wondering with what other I can replace it. The easiest way to do it is if I bought the same model but I'm looking for more space. Thanks in advance!

These are the types of drives that your AN515-51G can take, they are the 2.5” spinner HDD’s or 2.5” SSD drives of the SATA3- 6.0 Gbits/s and the M.2 SATA3 or PCIe at 6 Gbits/s to 8 GT/s type drives like the 512GB of the “MICRON MTFDDAV512TBN-1AR1ZABYY” or the “INTEL SSDPEKKW512G7 F:109C” type drives. The capacities of these drives are restricted to the windows MBR and GPT formatting rule. 

Btw, your memory on this laptop is restricted to 20GB max total, which includes the 4GB onboard memory so, you can add a max 1x 16GB or 4GB/8GB also of DDR4-1866MHZ or the DDR4-2133MHz of SODIMM 260 Pin module type into its 1x memory slot.

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,776 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Any 2.5" HDD or SSD up to 2 TB should work just fine. Same with m.2 SSD cards. WesternDigital Blue HDDs & SSDs are good value and reliable.

Jack E/NJ

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 11,444 Trailblazer
    edited July 2021 Answer ✓

These are the types of drives that your AN515-51G can take, they are the 2.5” spinner HDD’s or 2.5” SSD drives of the SATA3- 6.0 Gbits/s and the M.2 SATA3 or PCIe at 6 Gbits/s to 8 GT/s type drives like the 512GB of the “MICRON MTFDDAV512TBN-1AR1ZABYY” or the “INTEL SSDPEKKW512G7 F:109C” type drives. The capacities of these drives are restricted to the windows MBR and GPT formatting rule. 

Btw, your memory on this laptop is restricted to 20GB max total, which includes the 4GB onboard memory so, you can add a max 1x 16GB or 4GB/8GB also of DDR4-1866MHZ or the DDR4-2133MHz of SODIMM 260 Pin module type into its 1x memory slot.