Black screen Acer aspire 5 i7

Hadj47
Hadj47 Member Posts: 6 New User
 I purchased a laptop" Acer aspire 5 i7" from Emax- UAE on January 2021,
 I am having an issue with it, i tried to turn on this morning, but it's all black screen although the pc is on( the fan is working)
I tried many solutions, including (startup repair, command prompt, resetting the laptop..) but it was useless
Can you guide me on how to fix this issue? Or does it require to bring the laptop to the repairer to fix it

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,775 Trailblazer
    Try pressing FN+F6  and/or FN+F5 to try to turn the screen on and off.

Jack E/NJ

• Hadj47
    JackE said:
    Try pressing FN+F6  and/or FN+F5 to try to turn the screen on and off.
    No, unfortunately it is still black screen
  • JackE
    Press and hold power button till laptop shuts off. Remove charger. Insert paperclip into reset pinhole on bottom for about 30 seconds. Then plug the charger back in. Try to turn it back on again.

(1) If still a black screen after reset, do you see an ACER logo before it turns black?

(2) If no logo, do you see a TV screen if connected to the HDMI port after pressing FN+F5?

Jack E/NJ

• Hadj47
    JackE said:
    Press and hold power button till laptop shuts off. Remove charger. Insert paperclip into reset pinhole on bottom for about 30 seconds. Then plug the charger back in. Try to turn it back on again.

(1) If still a black screen after reset, do you see an ACER logo before it turns black?

(2) If no logo, do you see a TV screen if connected to the HDMI port after pressing FN+F5?
    I will try that. Would you mind guiding me to Acer repair shops in UAE preferably close to Sharjah. I would like to visit acer repair shop just in case i run to an issue. Thanks for the help
  • Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
  • JackE
    edited July 2021
    These are the authorized ACER partners shown below. There are other closer repair shops that seem to have good ratings (for example, https://alandhima.com/   ) but not affiliated with ACER.

Jack E/NJ

• Sidevind
    Sidevind Member Posts: 3 New User

I have had the same problem but was able to connect to an external monitor. Acer DK advised me to run Windows Update (all) - and it worked.
    Ikon for Bekrftet af fllesskabet
     pdate (all) - 
  • JackE
    Thanks for report. Other option that may solve issue is to go to this link and enter your Aspire 5's full model  number. For example. A515-54g. Check for BIOS updates that address black screen issue.

Jack E/NJ

• Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Hi Hadj47,

Is there any update.
  • VictorKK38596
    VictorKK38596 Member Posts: 10 New User
    There are two most  possible cases:
    1. Loose cable or some reason that causes the display to not work. Try connecting the laptop to an external monitor and check for output.
    2. It could also be a motherboard failure, however I feel that the 1st case is much more likely. 

Regardless of whether you have been able to pinpoint the issue if the device is still under warranty arrange for a repair.
  • JackE
    edited July 2021
    Sidevind already reported Win update solved his problem.

Jack E/NJ