Black screen in Acer Aspire 5

Hadj47
Hadj47 Member Posts: 6 New User
edited July 2021 in Aspire Laptops
 I purchased a laptop" Acer aspire 5 i7" from Emax- UAE on January 2021,
 I am having an issue with it, i tried to turn on this morning, but it's all black screen although the pc is on( the fan is working)
I tried many solutions, including (startup repair, comman prompt, resetting the laptop..) but it was useless
Can you guide me on how to fix this issue? Or does it require to bring the laptop to the repairer to fix it

Answers

• wascas
    wascas Member Posts: 1,194 High-End Contributor WiFi Icon
    for further information concering this issue and solution see this link:

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,330 Trailblazer

Jack E/NJ

• GuyH
    GuyH Member Posts: 3 New User
    Hi all,

My laptop seemed dead at first, but upon restart I could see the logo and the window image, briefly. Then at some point I heard the bell chime upon email coming in, so it was alive!

I started suspecting a power management issue and searched for black screen, and landed here. Tried most of what I read here, to no avail, not being able to see the effect of what I was doing. Then I saw an idea I'd had before to check the screen which I'd dropped because I could see the logo upon boot. Figured I could do something with the power management through an hdmi to my tv.

I moved the laptop near the tv and connected the hdmi and BOOM the screen was on! Quickly changed power management to screen always on when power connected.

My laptop is an old second hand Aspire S5 391 9880. I changed the fan a year ago. My first thought was motherboard, then SSD failure, but no, it was a bug most probably due to a Windows 10 upgrade; they've been rather flaky regarding power management. I might just block these update, for the little good they are.

So here's a little bit of hope for anyone in a similar predicament and much thanks for all of you here.