UEFI BIOS for Acer Aspire 5750

Options
KumarSanjeev87
KumarSanjeev87 Member Posts: 1 New User
I Had a old Laptop laying around, the Laptop is study as a bull, but with a very basic BIOS, that limits a lot of things that can be done.
it is my humble request to provide option to change power management and BIOS type i.e BIOS/UEFI.
respond soon.

Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 9,947 Trailblazer
    Options
    I Had a old Laptop laying around, the Laptop is study as a bull, but with a very basic BIOS, that limits a lot of things that can be done.
    it is my humble request to provide option to change power management and BIOS type i.e BIOS/UEFI.
    respond soon.

Sorry but it’s a definite NO, as you can’t do that to this laptop, the Aspire 5750 is limited to an MBR/Legacy BIOS only chip, you can’t change its BIOS to a GPT/UEFI as it hasn’t got provisions for it. I’ve owned an Aspire 5750 from new and have allot of experience with this laptop with many mods that I’ve done to it e.g. upgraded it to a 2.5” SSD drive and put its OEM spinner HDD as a slave into its DVD slot, put 8GB RAM (at 2x 4GB DDR3-133MHz modules) upgraded its 2.4G WiFi only card to a Qualcomm Atheros AR9462-AR5B22 that has WiFi 2.4G & 5G and has Bluetooth 4.0 and upgraded its CPU from its OEM i5-2410M to the i7-2760QM and upgraded its OS to the Win-10 latest version that this laptop will run, these are the limits of this laptop with all these upgrades as this laptop is only usable as a basic secondary web browser, word processing and 2008 to 2012 older type games, that is the limit of this laptop today!

Btw as an example, I’ve got as a second laptop today which is an Aspire V3-571G that runs the latest Win-10 perfectly and very quickly with the samemods as above that I did to the Aspire 5750 but will not run Win-11, so this laptop has limits to only and to the end of the Win-10 life span (which this laptop was released after the Aspire 5750 with higher specs) that came with both MBR/Legacy and GPT/UEFI BIOS programmable chip and these laptops are upgradable e.g. if you bought an Aspire V3-571G that came OEM from Acer with an MBR/Legacy BIOS then you can reprogram (there are guides on the web to do this) to upgrade its BIOS chip to a GPT/UEFI type BIOS but this laptops BIOS chip was designed for both and this laptop has the OEM MBR and UEFI BIOS versions on the Acer site that you can upgrade to which the Aspire 5750 does not. Good luck and hope this helps you out.