Black/Blank screen after acer logo Aspire A515-56G-59LZ

Rujinoppq
Rujinoppq Member Posts: 14

Tinkerer

edited July 2021 in Aspire Laptops
Iam working with my Acer Aspire A515-56G-59LZ and let it to install bentely MicroStation autocad software overnight, after waking up I saw a blank screen with power-on, so i hard shutdown the lap and restarted The acer logo appear but there is no further more , a complete blank screen

Thread was edited to add model name to the title

Best Answer

Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 9,888 Trailblazer
    edited July 2021 Answer ✓
    Rujinoppq said:
    Iam working with my Acer Aspire A515-56G-59LZ and let it to install bentely MicroStation autocad software overnight, after waking up I saw a blank screen with power-on, so i hard shutdown the lap and restarted The acer logo appear but there is no further more , a complete blank screen

Use the windows install usb and go to the Advanced options and use the “System Restore” and go back to your last restore point , see thisguide " How to Repair Windows 10 to a state of sparkling awesomeness: recover from crashes, restore, reboot"

• Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Hi Rujinoppq,

Try to do power drain,

1. Shutdown the unit.
    2. Unplug the cables connected to the unit.
    3. At bottom of the unit there will be a small tiny pin hole with a battery symbol close to it. Take a pin or a paper clip insert into it you feels like pressing a button hold it for 20-30 seconds. 

• Hadj47
    Hadj47 Member Posts: 6 New User
    Rujinoppq said:
    I am having similar issue here. I have acer aspire 5. I forgot to shut it down last night and i woke up this morning with a black screen!! I tried many approaches including startup repair, command prompt and resetting the pc( without losing files) and yet it's black. I have no idea what to do. I am really freaked out now
  • FannyEsther
    FannyEsther Member Posts: 4 New User
    I am having the same issue, tryed everything and nothing worked so far. 
    Please assist.
  • Hadj47
    Hadj47 Member Posts: 6 New User
    I am having the same issue, tryed everything and nothing worked so far. 
    Please assist.
    Have you tried power drain method? Or uninstalling display adapter in safe mode??
  • Easwar
    Hi FannyEsther,

May I know the full model name of your unit.

• Rujinoppq
    Rujinoppq Member Posts: 14

Tinkerer

StevenGen said:
    Rujinoppq said:

Use the windows install usb and go to the Advanced options and use the “System Restore” and go back to your last restore point , see thisguide " How to Repair Windows 10 to a state of sparkling awesomeness: recover from crashes, restore, reboot"

This is the only way my lap survived, thanks for the answer, your lap have somehow a restore point,so don’t worry you can get your lap back
  • FannyEsther
    Easwar said:
    Hi FannyEsther,

May I know the full model name of your unit.

It is A515-56G-73K9
  • Easwar
    Hi FannyEsther,

Is the system battery charged enough to run.
  • FannyEsther
    Easwar said:
    Hi FannyEsther,

Is the system battery charged enough to run.

When I power up the computer, the Acer logo appears and loading icon run for some seconds and then when it seams it will run correctly, the screen becomes black with a little flickering and nothing happens any further.

There is enough battery to run, I’m waiting it to drain so maybe it will work after that.

I have this pc for 7 months and it is the second time there is a problem with it, the first time it overheated and only started running after 24 hours. It is the first time that I bought an Acer computer and I’m really upset and disappointed, since I need ot to run my business on it.

• FannyEsther
    I’ve drained all the battery and full charged it and nothing. 
  • Easwar
    Hi FannyEsther,

# Try to get the BIOS page.
    1. Turn OFF the unit.
    ​2. Press and hold the F2 key and turn on the unit. 
    3. You will be in setup utility page. 
    4. Once you got the screen release the F2 key.
    5. Tap on F9 key and hit enter key without changing the option.
    6. Tap on F10 key and hit enter key without changing the option.
    7. Your unit will restart by itself. 

Check this T/S and post the result. 
  • wascas
    wascas Member Posts: 1,194 High-End Contributor WiFi Icon
    edited July 2021