E5-576G Touchpad Not Working

bcs001
bcs001 Member Posts: 11

Tinkerer

edited August 2021 in Aspire Laptops
I had to replace the motherboard on the laptop that failed about a month out of warranty back in 2019.  At that time the cost of a motherboard was more than the laptop so I just bought another identical E5-576G, swapped the loaded SSD from the non-working pc to the new one and waited for motherboard pricing to come down. 

Fast forward to this week where I found a motherboard, got it installed and have the pc working again.  This now has the SSD that came with new PC but was removed before ever turning it on.  The pc is working fine EXCEPT for the Touchpad.  I plugged in a wired mouse and tried to troubleshoot the Touchpad but so far no luck. 

The touchpad is not listed in the Device Manager nor in the settings for the mouse/pointing devices.  I thought maybe it needed to be discovered and installed but thats wont work.  I also tried to find the Driver on this ACER site but its not listed.  I can get to the support page, enter the model, search and found the list of drivers where it says to "Before installing the Touchpad driver, please install the Serial I/O driver first" which I did but then there is no Touchpad driver listed. 

What am I supposed to do next to fix this.  Why isn't the Touchpad showing up in Device Manager.

Thanks,

Answers

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,426 Trailblazer
    Hi,
    Go to BIOS screen and move to Main tab, check whether the Touchpad is in Basic mode, if it is in Basic mode switch to Advanced mode and save settings& exit BIOS.

• bcs001

Tinkerer

I did some google searching and did all the basic stuff including checking that setting.  Its set to Advanced.
    Thanks.
  • Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Hi bcs001,

Is touchpad working now.
  • bcs001

Tinkerer

edited July 2021
    Not working yet.  Ive tried everything I could find online and was hoping for some additional suggestions here.
    Touchpad is not showing up in device manager.  This seems like a big clue but not sure how to fix it.  Can't find the driver files here in the ACER support section for this model.  Seems strange it doesn't show up in the list of drivers.
  • Easwar
    Hi bcs001,

Did you tap on F7 hot key.
  • bcs001

Tinkerer

Yes, I've toggled F7 multiple times.  It is in the ON state and still not working.
  • Easwar
    Hi bcs001,

It looks like hardware issue. Contact acer tech support,
    https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/service-contact

OR book the unit for repair service,

https://customerselfcare.acer.com/CS2/#/

• bcs001

Tinkerer

Does a hardware problem cause the device to not to show up in device manager?  Can I try installing drivers for this device and if so, where do I find them?
  • maribeau
    maribeau Member Posts: 31 Troubleshooter
    same issue here, i aspire 5 bought last feb, i cannot  to bring this to SC cz im using it for work. I handled this with care , but accd to them it is a hardware issue, huhu
  • Easwar
    Hi maribeau,

Tap on F7 or press and hold Fn and tap on F7.
  • hamzarana786
    hamzarana786 Member Posts: 1 New User
    WHen i install chrome in acer laptop then here is here errors show on this.Here is the example of site 
  • Easwar
    Hi hamzarana786,

May I know the full model name of your unit.