My super gamer Acer Predator PH315-53-781R not much of a Work Horse

Options
Smegma11
Smegma11 Member Posts: 99 Fixer WiFi Icon
edited July 2021 in Predator Laptops
My Predator popped out some 50% higher number than my 4 year old I7 4790 desktop on Cinebench which I wasn't that impressed with for the money I spent. My old $400 used machine got a 2069 and the 2021 model Acer got a 2900. Looking at other machines getting up in the 6000 - 10000.  I felt down at the bottom. Maybe I should have bought another desktop? It's when I tried to do a little work with my Acer that I really felt let down. I have a Bluray burner that I put in an external case and I hooked it to the USB-3 port and tried to burn a Bluray movie. It ran and burned the disk fine but about a minute in I  looked at rhe core temperatures, they were really smokin'. The highest cpu temp had already peaked at 94c so I jumped to the fan control and set them to MAX. I thought to myself "What have I done here, I can play games with this, but I can't do any work with this thing ? " 
It was running mostly at 75-85 but was peaking at 92 and 94 and this bothers me that I have to keep an eye on it just doing video rendering. Anyone else having problems doing work on theiir machines and heating them up?