Laptop won't turn on, but LED lights keep blinking very slowly Travelmate P249 series-N16Q1

Options
amohanty1107
amohanty1107 Member Posts: 1 New User
edited July 2021 in TravelMate and Extensa
My laptop has run into a weird issue. When I press the power button, the display won't turn on at all, and the blue power LED light starts blinking very slowly. It keeps on blinking until I force shut down the power. I've tried holding the battery pin for 30+ seconds, still no improvement. The model is Acer Travelmate P249 series-N16Q1 with Intel core i3 8th generation processor and 4 GB RAM. Any help would be appreciated. 

Thread was edited to add model name to the title

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,779 Trailblazer
    Options
    Slow blink is supposed to show a sleep mode. Perhaps the system thinks the battery is low enough that it immediately sleeps? Did you use the full procedure for a battery reset? disconnect everything, including power. Press and hold the reset button for 15-30 seconds then release. Wait 15-30 minutes to allow for full bleed off then plug the power back in. Wait until you see the full battery indication, then reconnect everything and turn it back on.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • amohanty1107
    amohanty1107 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    billsey said:
    Slow blink is supposed to show a sleep mode. Perhaps the system thinks the battery is low enough that it immediately sleeps? Did you use the full procedure for a battery reset? disconnect everything, including power. Press and hold the reset button for 15-30 seconds then release. Wait 15-30 minutes to allow for full bleed off then plug the power back in. Wait until you see the full battery indication, then reconnect everything and turn it back on.
    Okay thankss
  • Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Options
    Hi amohanty1107,

How long you charge the laptop for a day ?
  • baozaboy
    baozaboy Member Posts: 25 Troubleshooter
    Options

do you still need help?