• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,483 Trailblazer
    Options
    Does the VGA screen still look OK?

Jack E/NJ

• LudiMilojko
    LudiMilojko Member Posts: 20 Troubleshooter
    Options
    Yes, it works although flat cable is changed. 
  • LudiMilojko
    Options
    I tried  today with two correct LCD panels and nothing - the same situation like with old one. Also when I connect netbook via vga port picture is OK.  Is there a way that something is wrong with motherboard - the part with graphics that gives the picture to the vga port but not to the lcd panel? 
  • JackE
    Options
    I think you've now tried two used LCD screens, two used motherboards, and two LCD cables with essentially the same results.

The integrated GPU feeds both the VGA port and the LCD screen. The GPU seems fine on both motherboard VGA ports.

The FN+F5 combo should toggle between 3 positions
    (1) VGA on LCD off
    (2) VGA on LCD on
    (3) VGA off LCD on

I guess it's possible that the keyboard toggle key function is not properly switching the GPU output of both mainboards to the LCD. The keyboard is one of the few items involved in controlling graphic output that is common to both LCDs, both mainboards and both LCD cables.

Jack E/NJ

• LudiMilojko
    Options
    One small correction - on my old motherboard didn't work vga port output. Everything else you are right. In all this changing combinations I didn't attach keyboard and maybe default state is vga output and I should had attached keyboard to switch video output. But it's s not logical that vga output should be default state and also when vga output isn't connected there is no video on LCD screen. 
  • JackE
    Options
    >>>In all this changing combinations I didn't attach keyboard >>>

This might be OK. In most cases, the 3-position switch is left in the state last toggled just before shut down. So if it was shut down in state 1 VGAon LCDoff, the switch remembers and should boot back up in state 1.

Jack E/NJ

• daisy91
    daisy91 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Answer ✓
    Options
    The system does not display anything; an error code appears; one or more beeps occur; the system locks; the system reboots; a Windows BSOD (blue screen of death) appears; or one or more of the ports, expansion slots, or memory modules fails. These are the motherboard problems. you have to check or repair your board first.
  • LudiMilojko
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Third attemp and the third luck!  I've replaced the motherboard for third time and this one was good! The last motherboard was almost good! Everything was working except video output on lcd screen. Most probably problem was on motherboard's graphic chip. Now with new (also second hand) motherboard all seem to be good for now. We'll see...

Thank you all for your selfless help!
  • JackE
    Options
    Thanks for reporting back. Hope the 3 used almost good mainboards cost you less than a brand new $25usd mainboard from Aliexpress.  :)

Jack E/NJ