PH315-52 Is charging brick made to make noise ??

Options
SKC18
SKC18 Member Posts: 16 Troubleshooter
edited August 2021 in Predator Laptops
I brought my acer laptop from usa and i use it in nepal my charging brick makes some buzing noise when i charge is it normal or should i get it replaced and how from nepal if needed to repalce ??

Thread was edited to add model name to the title

Answers

• Tachi13
    Tachi13 Member Posts: 135 Skilled Fixer WiFi Icon
    Options
    @SKC18 if it is making buzzing noise, don't use it, it can damage the computer itself, I would suggest you check the US's support first to know how to deal with the situation, If your unit was under first year of purchase, it may as well have International warranty, check with the US support and then proceed accordingly, yes, despite of what country you're in, Acer should be able to honor the 1 year ITW warranty if applicable. 
    Please click on "Yes" if you find this answer helpful. :):)
  • Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Options
    Hi SKC18,

May I know the full model name of your unit.

• SKC18
    Options
    System Model    Predator PH315-52
    Processor    Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-9750H CPU @ 2.60GHz, 2592 Mhz, 6 Core(s), 12 Logical Processor(s)
    Installed Physical Memory (RAM)    16.0 GB
    rtx 2050
    model 2019

• SKC18
    Options
    Tachi13 said:
    @SKC18 if it is making buzzing noise, don't use it, it can damage the computer itself, I would suggest you check the US's support first to know how to deal with the situation, If your unit was under first year of purchase, it may as well have International warranty, check with the US support and then proceed accordingly, yes, despite of what country you're in, Acer should be able to honor the 1 year ITW warranty if applicable. 

i bought it in may 2019 but started using only 9-8 months before
    how can i check with usa support
  • SKC18
    Options
    Also my cpu is hitting 91 at only little percent of cpu use What can i do ??
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Does this noise occur on the power adapter or the computer? If the problem occurs with the power adapter, is your electrical outlet grounded?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • SKC18
    Options

Does this noise occur on the power adapter or the computer? If the problem occurs with the power adapter, is your electrical outlet grounded?
    yes electrical line is grounded

• SKC18
    Options

egydiocoelho said:

SKC18 said: yes electrical line is grounded
    the sound from the charging brick is making buzzing sound and spark noise

• Commodore_1995#
    Options
    OK! Can you test the power adapter or charging brick, as you said yourself, with a multimeter? Now, if sparks are coming out of brick charging, then there really is a problem.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • SKC18
    Options
    it is surly sparks  but cant comform because i cant open the charging brick
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Can you record a video of the noise that is occurring on the power adapter and post it on youtube?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer