Acer Aspire E5-575 - 0% battery, even after resetting it

Brownadam
Brownadam Member Posts: 3 New User
Hello,
two years ago my Acer Aspire E5-575 started suddenly shutting down if on battery. It was not so often so I ignored it. After some time it happened more often. I reinstalled W10, I did reset the battery (using the pinhole). It didn't help and it shut down even if there was 80% of battery remaining. Because of this I used the notebook only when AC was plugged. In spite of this, the battery seemed to be charging. However, one month ago I turned it on, windows 10 showing only 0%, surprisingly not showing "Plugged in, Not charging", even though it would perfectly describe the situation. If I want the notebook to power-on only on battery, it does completely nothing.
I checked everything on google about the theme and tried resetting the battery, I've tried some software, which was useless. I disassembled the notebook. Visually is everything ok. I didn't want to unplug the battery because the cables seemed very fragile to me. 

What do you think? Should I replace the battery? Or could there be a problem somewhere between AC-notebook-battery?
Thank you in advance for response!
AB 

Best Answer

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,776 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Your battery has lost nearly 70% of its original capacity. Meaning it can no longer hold a charge.  Google search keywords e5-575 & battery for  vendors who ship to your location. About $25usd for a new replacement battery.

Jack E/NJ

Answers

• JackE
    Go to the elevated command prompt.  Enter 'powercfg /batteryreport'. Then return to the desktop. Open file explorer. Then search for' battery-report.html' in the c:\windows\system32\ sub-folder. Double-click to open it in the browser. Post screenshot of the first part of the report if possible that compares design full charge capacity with its remaining full charge capacity. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Brownadam
    Thank you for quick answer!
  • JackE
    Answer ✓
    Your battery has lost nearly 70% of its original capacity. Meaning it can no longer hold a charge.  Google search keywords e5-575 & battery for  vendors who ship to your location. About $25usd for a new replacement battery.

Jack E/NJ

• Brownadam
    Thank you a lot!
  • JackE
    Good luck with a new battery!   :)   Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ