Acer VG270 dual screen setup

Options
Leon2500
Leon2500 Member Posts: 1 New User
edited July 2021 in Monitors

Good day, 

I bought the VG270 165hz variant the 2nd time to have a dual screen setup. The first one works flawlessly for 3 months now for me and now I am not sure if the 2nd one I bought has issues.

The first 2 days seemed fine. What seemed off to me was that the buttons on the back seemed a little dug in too deep but still enough to be pressed compared to the first one. I figured maybe it was just manufacturing stuff.

Then on the 3rd day (today is the 5th day), I heard this noise suddenly in my earphone a little silent but noise then on the 2nd monitor, it seemed to act off for a short bit which then showed a horizontal blue line across the screen for about 2-3 seconds but it eventually corrected itself. Perhaps an issue? I tried ignoring it but started getting worried lowkey.

Then today on the 5th day, I heard that same noise again which prompted me to look at the 2nd monitor. What happened next was that it showed that TV noise thing on the monitor and it didn't seem to stop but turning the monitor on and off seemed to have 'fixed' it. 

So I'm wondering if this is a defective product and if I should claim my warranty on this? How long would a replacement or a fix take and if possible, can someone tell me how to claim the warranty? Thanks.

If it matters, I'm running the first monitor at 165 HZ with the included DP cable while this new 2nd one is with an HDMI @ 144hz.

[Thread edited to remove inappropriate or personal content]

Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 10,357 Trailblazer
    Options
    Leon2500 said:

Good day, 

I bought the VG270 165hz variant the 2nd time to have a dual screen setup. The first one works flawlessly for 3 months now for me and now I am not sure if the 2nd one I bought has issues.

The first 2 days seemed fine. What seemed off to me was that the buttons on the back seemed a little dug in too deep but still enough to be pressed compared to the first one. I figured maybe it was just manufacturing stuff.

Then on the 3rd day (today is the 5th day), I heard this noise suddenly in my earphone a little silent but noise then on the 2nd monitor, it seemed to act off for a short bit which then showed a horizontal blue line across the screen for about 2-3 seconds but it eventually corrected itself. Perhaps an issue? I tried ignoring it but started getting worried lowkey.

Then today on the 5th day, I heard that same noise again which prompted me to look at the 2nd monitor. What happened next was that it showed that TV noise thing on the monitor and it didn't seem to stop but turning the monitor on and off seemed to have 'fixed' it. 

So I'm wondering if this is a defective product and if I should claim my warranty on this? How long would a replacement or a fix take and if possible, can someone tell me how to claim the warranty? Thanks.

If it matters, I'm running the first monitor at 165 HZ with the included DP cable while this new 2nd one is with an HDMI @ 144hz.

My suggestion to you is this, if you can't get this new VG270 going by its settings and this monitor especially was working then there must be a defective part with your new VG270. Don’t touch it, don’t open it and/or do anything to it, send it back to Acer so that they can diagnose the problem for you and fix it. 

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 32,267 Trailblazer
    Options
    Or if it's new enough (and it sounds like it is) swap it out with your vendor. That's faster than going to Acer support route.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Options
    Hi Leon2500,

It looks like hardware issue. Contact acer tech support,

https://www.acer.com/ac/en/PH/content/service-contact