Laptop won't turn on after cleaning the fans A715-71G-7922.

Abo0d482
Abo0d482 Member Posts: 14

Tinkerer

edited July 2021 in Aspire Laptops
Hi everyone,

I have Acer aspire 7 model A715-71G-7922.

Today I cleaned my fans using this video https://youtu.be/dgNpSeekfVE

Now when I plug the charger I can see the charging light but when I click the power button nothing happens

Help,

Thread was edited to add model name to the title

Best Answer

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,330 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Not recommended. Make sure you haven't bent the battery connector pins PJP201 on the motherboard trying to re-connect the battery. Also check to make sure safety interlock switch #2 (battery power off)  is fully depressed by the bottom cover. If cover is loose, laptop won't turn on.

Jack E/NJ

Answers

• Abo0d482

Tinkerer

I watched other videos and some suggested to do the power drain procedure. I did that but it didn't work. However, when I unplugged the battery and did the power drain procedure again it worked. Now it's working

But if I plugged the battery it won't boot up
  • Abo0d482

Tinkerer

Is it okay to keep using the laptop without the battery?
  • JackE
    Answer ✓
    Not recommended. Make sure you haven't bent the battery connector pins PJP201 on the motherboard trying to re-connect the battery. Also check to make sure safety interlock switch #2 (battery power off)  is fully depressed by the bottom cover. If cover is loose, laptop won't turn on.

Jack E/NJ

• Abo0d482

Tinkerer

JackE said:

is this the SW2?
  • JackE
    Yes. The inside of the bottom cover or door must press firmly against SW2. If the bottom cover door is misaligned with this switch or loose, the machine won't turn on, Sometimes a spacer is taped to the inside of the bottom cover door so it presses the switch harder. All the bottom cover screws must be in place and reasonably tight.

Jack E/NJ

• Abo0d482

Tinkerer

JackE said:

Thank you so much. The problem was that SW2 wasn't pressed when closing the back cover.

so the solution is you make sure that the screws are tighten very well or put a piece of paper or anything
  • JackE
    Thanks for reporting back on your success.   :) Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ