Printing issue Spin 713.

Jene3417
Jene3417 Member Posts: 2 New User
edited July 2021 in Chromebooks
New to Chromebook Dec 2020.  Have Acer Spin 713.  Love it...except I cannot print.  Please Help!  I even bought a new printer since I read it may be the printer.  Did not help.
New printer is a HP ENVY 7155.   I try with WiFi and USB Cable.  My Acer Chromebook can find the printer in printer settings.  Sometimes I can save the WiFi printer into my profile and sometimes it says its no longer available.  When it does let me save it to my profile, I will try to print from a document.  But I get a swirl while it is looking for the destination.  Please help.  I am frustrated to no end.

Thread was edited to add model name to the title

Answers

• Tachi13
    Tachi13 Member Posts: 135 Skilled Fixer WiFi Icon
    Hey @Jene3417

Chromebooks's are easy to connect with a printer, but there are rules, CB and the Printer had to connected to same network, most printers doesn't work with the 5G band, so use a 2.4G band instead, most of the time, it doesn't matter if the computer is connected via 5G or 2G, the printer has to be on 2G. Anyways, this is what you can follow, keep both the device connected to the 2G wifi network, make sure the HP printer has the WiFi blue light is solid. Now to go printer settings on the computer and find it and save it to profile. I bet you already saved it, if done, go to a file that you want to print, click print, it takes you to the Print page, click on the destination if it doesn't say your printer name, drop down box says "See more" option. click on that, you'll find your printer listed there, for sure. 
    Please click on "Yes" if you find this answer helpful. :):)
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,719 Trailblazer
    Likely part of the issue is the printer is getting a different address from your router at times. Your computer expects the printer to always be at the same address. Either setup an address reservation in the router to always give the same address to the printer or set it up with a static address.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Jene3417
    Jene3417 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Tachi13 - I cannot get the Destination in the print command to complete.  It swirls.  Therefore the "see More" option never becomes active.
    bilsey, I do not know how to setup an address reservation in the router.
  • Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Hi Jene3417,

I suggest you to contact printer tech support.
  • billsey
    What brand and model router do you have? Is it your own or one provided by your ISP?
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Sprockersmum
    Sprockersmum Member Posts: 2 New User
    Hi I have Acer 713 spin chromebook and my printer is canon Mx 475 , the chromebook won't recognise the printer does that mean I have to get a new one to use with my Chromebook. What do I get I'm in the uk
  • billsey
    Canon doesn't support Chromebooks with a lot of their models. :( You can get almost any other brand printer and it will work fine, it's just the Canon models that are a problem.
  • Sprockersmum
    Sprockersmum Member Posts: 2 New User
    What brand of printer and model is best to get , I'm in UK 
  • billsey
    Pretty much any of them other than the Canon. I use Epson here, but I have specialized needs (scanning at tabloid size). HP have good reputations, I used to use Brother becasue the ink was quite a bit cheaper.