Lost colour calibration on d3 ezel

Options
I did fresh windows install on my d3 ezel and I don't know if I have lost the factory calibrated colours of my screen. It's a new device and I can't remember if they were more accurate before I wiped. But now they look awful and dull, desaturated and nothing like my other screens and design work / photos.
I didn't check the colour profiles or back them up. When I go to windows colour calibration now I can choose 'adobe rgb' as screen default or 'conceptd adobe rgb'. Does anyone know what profile a default ezel should be using? Also does any of the bloatware that I've lost control the colour?
The laptop comes with a pdf report saved to desktop of colour read outs from where I assume it has been calibrated and pantone validated?
Would a fresh wipe and windows install lose the factory pantone validated colour profiles?
Is there a way I can get the original colour calibration back, or should I start thinking about buying a spyder to calibrate it myself.

Answers

• Morgan69
    Morgan69 Member Posts: 4 New User
    Options
    Update:
    I have managed to improve the colours by adding WCS device profile (top one here on screengrab). Colours look more accurate, but I am worried that I still may have lost the original colour accuracy and also I don't know what I am doing, despit being a designer and having a fairly decent grasp of colours and computer hardware.

Is anyone able to compare and confirm the profiles that are factory set on a standard d3 ezel ? Non 4k screen. 
    Does this look right?

• Morgan69
    Options
    update: I swear the colours and brightness of the display were changing infront of my eyes - and they are. I have been running down the battery to 0% off charge and charging back up to 100% x3 times (as the manual reccommends to condition the battery).

When I unplug the charger and slide the battery power mode down to the middle (for more eco consumption) I can actually put my nose to the screen and watch a swatch of green change dramatically.

So I guess if you want colour accuracy, keep your device on mains charge.

The colour profiles I am using are below, what colour profiles are others using? I could not find any documentation online for the screen which is listed as a generic plug n play screen in device manager. (driver 10.0.19041.488). Uisng colour profile: ConceptD CC315-72G_sRGB.

• Morgan69
    Options
    update: I have realised that the 'ConceptD CC315-72G_AdobeRGB.icc' colour profile is awful (corrupt or bad).
    The fix is to reset to default sRGB IEC61966-2.1 and calibrate. Which made colours look great again. ( I am comparing rgb png & jpegs files in ps / ai/ chrome / photos).

The problem was, after each restart Acer Display Colour Control Service would reset the monitor colour profile back to 'ConceptD CC315-72G_AdobeRGB.icc' - which is awful.

Confirmed by openign task manger with crtl+alt+del / services / and stopping ADCCSvc (description: Acer Display Colour Control Service). Once disabled W10 retained the sRGB IEC61966-2.1 colour profile after restart and stopped populating with the conceptdprofiles.

Then I had to delete the files in sys32/driverrepository which is another story.