Aspire 515-43 Upgrade options

gherste
gherste Member Posts: 1 New User
I inherited the above from a friend, but it is wildly under-resourced for some of the games I want to play. Are there after market upgrades that I can purchase? Both the hard drive and the RAM need to be boosted. (By the bye, does it actually use a mechanical hard drive, or is this some other, purely electronic, form of storage?) Below are the full details on the device:

Device name    LAPTOP-81BV4BKU
Processor    AMD Ryzen 3 3200U with Radeon Vega Mobile Gfx     2.60 GHz
Installed RAM    4.00 GB (3.44 GB usable)
Device ID    9FC2FE76-E583-489C-9F80-9AA4DD421BE3
Product ID    00356-02069-45452-AAOEM
System type    64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
Pen and touch    No pen or touch input is available for this display

Thanks!

Best Answers

• William_mk2
    William_mk2 ACE Posts: 4,174 Pathfinder
    edited July 2021 Answer ✓
    @gherste

Please visit the website  given below .  There is an option to  "start your scan "  and " select your computer " .   Please chose the options and try it.   It will show you the memory and SSD’s details and the best upgrade options for you.. 

https://www.crucial.com/

It will tell you what you currently have and what you can add for memory and SSD's. 

Please refer the link given below to get the specification details 

https://www.memorystock.com/memory/AcerAspire5A51543R19L.html

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful 

Click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    B  Thank you and have a BLESSED AND HAPPY DAY  B

★★ WILLIAM - MRK ★★

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 11,445 Trailblazer
    gherste said:
    I inherited the above from a friend, but it is wildly under-resourced for some of the games I want to play. Are there after market upgrades that I can purchase? Both the hard drive and the RAM need to be boosted. (By the bye, does it actually use a mechanical hard drive, or is this some other, purely electronic, form of storage?) Below are the full details on the device:

Thanks!

As an addition "gherste" be aware that all upgrades (as allot of upgrade suggestions and scans are not correct) as these are the OEM specs from Acer and their suggested components that are fitted to your A515-42 which work 100% and will make your laptop perform to its best performance, which your laptop was designed for and has provisions for, which is; 1x either spinner HDD 2.5” SATA-3 6GB/sec or the same specs in 2.5" SSD drive and 1x M.2 B&M end key type that is also a SATA-3 6GB/sec PCIe Gen 3 x2 only and can have a max of 32GB memory into its  2 sockets at max 16GB per socket. So keep to these specs and you won’t have any problems with any upgrades of components, it’s a very simple formula if you keep to these recommended specs by Acer that work.

M.2 specs of the higher capacity drives and btw, the capacities of all drives are determined by the windows OS MBR/Legacy and GPT/UEFI formatting rules. 

Answers

• William_mk2
    William_mk2 ACE Posts: 4,174 Pathfinder
    @gherste

Please visit the website  given below .  There is an option to  "start your scan "  and " select your computer " .   Please chose the options and try it.   It will show you the memory and SSD’s details and the best upgrade options for you.. 

https://www.crucial.com/

It will tell you what you currently have and what you can add for memory and SSD's. 

Please refer the link given below to get the specification details 

https://www.memorystock.com/memory/AcerAspire5A51543R19L.html

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful 

Click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    B  Thank you and have a BLESSED AND HAPPY DAY  B

★★ WILLIAM - MRK ★★

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 11,445 Trailblazer
    gherste said:

Thanks!

As an addition "gherste" be aware that all upgrades (as allot of upgrade suggestions and scans are not correct) as these are the OEM specs from Acer and their suggested components that are fitted to your A515-42 which work 100% and will make your laptop perform to its best performance, which your laptop was designed for and has provisions for, which is; 1x either spinner HDD 2.5” SATA-3 6GB/sec or the same specs in 2.5" SSD drive and 1x M.2 B&M end key type that is also a SATA-3 6GB/sec PCIe Gen 3 x2 only and can have a max of 32GB memory into its  2 sockets at max 16GB per socket. So keep to these specs and you won’t have any problems with any upgrades of components, it’s a very simple formula if you keep to these recommended specs by Acer that work.

M.2 specs of the higher capacity drives and btw, the capacities of all drives are determined by the windows OS MBR/Legacy and GPT/UEFI formatting rules.