CPU overclock not present in predator sense PH315-53

Options
Mangalam
Mangalam Member Posts: 31 Troubleshooter
edited July 2021 in Predator Laptops
My product is- 

Predator PH315-53

i7 10870H, 16GB RAM, RTX 3060 
I have seen in many models there is an option to overclock the CPU too, but it is absent in mine. When I configure the game snyc it is present there but not on overclocking tab

Thread was edited to add model name to the title

Best Answer

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 9,986 Trailblazer
    edited July 2021 Answer ✓
    Options
    Mangalam said:
    My product is- 

Predator PH315-53

I have seen in many models there is an option to overclock the CPU too, but it is absent in mine. When I configure the game snyc it is present there but not on overclocking tab

"Mangalam" in my opinion (and I've been upgrading and building etc etc computers for over 30 years) you don't need to overclock your Predator PH315-53 its specs (i7-10870H, 16GB RAM, RTX 3060) are of a high enough OEM performance and this laptop is designed to perform to a high standard anyway! If you want more performance then buy a desktop and get the performance that way! Note and be aware that any overclocking will and can damage your laptop as laptops are not like desktops that can be moded with water cooling and/or hydrogen cooling cjange its PSU etc etc for huge overclocking performances, well they can be but its not going to be a laptop anymore as you will have to completely turn it into a desktop with huge mods =) .

Also and in its OEM state, your laptop has a safety switch that even if you overclock the CPU and/or the GPU the cooling will never be adequate enough for the overclocking performance that you will overclock it to, as all laptops can’t be cooled adequately and your laptop will automatically turn off at a certain temperature. Leave your laptop alone and at OEM specs but always keep its fans and vents clean (and also use a tablet cooler for extra air intake) and use only high grade paste for the CPU/GPU to keep its OEM cooling design functioning 100%. I also strongly suggest that you never ever use the “liquid metal paste(s)” that are available as you don’t need them, these liquid metal pastes can cause allot of damage (as they melt and flows due to the high temps) and the paste spreads to the circuitry of your motherboard and causes shorts and burns out your circuitry components. Good luck as your PH315-53 is a fine laptop don’t ruin it leave it OEM!

Answers

• StevenGen
    edited July 2021 Answer ✓
    Options
    Mangalam said:
    My product is- 

Predator PH315-53

"Mangalam" in my opinion (and I've been upgrading and building etc etc computers for over 30 years) you don't need to overclock your Predator PH315-53 its specs (i7-10870H, 16GB RAM, RTX 3060) are of a high enough OEM performance and this laptop is designed to perform to a high standard anyway! If you want more performance then buy a desktop and get the performance that way! Note and be aware that any overclocking will and can damage your laptop as laptops are not like desktops that can be moded with water cooling and/or hydrogen cooling cjange its PSU etc etc for huge overclocking performances, well they can be but its not going to be a laptop anymore as you will have to completely turn it into a desktop with huge mods =) .

Also and in its OEM state, your laptop has a safety switch that even if you overclock the CPU and/or the GPU the cooling will never be adequate enough for the overclocking performance that you will overclock it to, as all laptops can’t be cooled adequately and your laptop will automatically turn off at a certain temperature. Leave your laptop alone and at OEM specs but always keep its fans and vents clean (and also use a tablet cooler for extra air intake) and use only high grade paste for the CPU/GPU to keep its OEM cooling design functioning 100%. I also strongly suggest that you never ever use the “liquid metal paste(s)” that are available as you don’t need them, these liquid metal pastes can cause allot of damage (as they melt and flows due to the high temps) and the paste spreads to the circuitry of your motherboard and causes shorts and burns out your circuitry components. Good luck as your PH315-53 is a fine laptop don’t ruin it leave it OEM!

• Hell_J
    Hell_J Member Posts: 61 Devotee WiFi Icon
    Options
    StevenGen said:
    Mangalam said:
    My product is- 

Predator PH315-53

"Mangalam" in my opinion (and I've been upgrading and building etc etc computers for over 30 years) you don't need to overclock your Predator PH315-53 its specs (i7-10870H, 16GB RAM, RTX 3060) are of a high enough OEM performance and this laptop is designed to perform to a high standard anyway! If you want more performance then buy a desktop and get the performance that way! Note and be aware that any overclocking will and can damage your laptop as laptops are not like desktops that can be moded with water cooling and/or hydrogen cooling etc etc for huge overclocking performances, well they can be but its not going to be a laptop anymore as you will have to completely turn it into a desktop with huge mods =) .

I agree completely.
    I was wondering why is there even an option to overclock cause, as you said, you don't need to do that cause Predators are beasts and cooling is the biggest problem for laptops as it is, without overclock. 

• StevenGen
    Options
    Hell_J said:
    StevenGen said:
    Mangalam said:
    My product is- 

Predator PH315-53

"Mangalam" in my opinion (and I've been upgrading and building etc etc computers for over 30 years) you don't need to overclock your Predator PH315-53 its specs (i7-10870H, 16GB RAM, RTX 3060) are of a high enough OEM performance and this laptop is designed to perform to a high standard anyway! If you want more performance then buy a desktop and get the performance that way! Note and be aware that any overclocking will and can damage your laptop as laptops are not like desktops that can be moded with water cooling and/or hydrogen cooling etc etc for huge overclocking performances, well they can be but its not going to be a laptop anymore as you will have to completely turn it into a desktop with huge mods =) .

I agree completely.
    I was wondering why is there even an option to overclock cause, as you said, you don't need to do that cause Predators are beasts and cooling is the biggest problem for laptops as it is, without overclock. 

Very true “Hell_J” I’ve just got (at great cost because I do allot of cad and 3D design and some engineering work) one of the latest Predator Helios 700, the model PH717-72-93LW that is a 17.3" at 144 Hz display with the i9-10980HK and GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER (not with the 3060) and 32 GB Memory and 1 TB PCIe SSD + 1 TB HDD and it’s an absolute beast and a monster, I wouldn’t think and/or try to overclock and/or mod it as it doesn’t need it but, people always think that they can do better than OEM? When it always turns out worst =) that is human nature and some people just can't leave things alone. 

I've always looked at upgrading and modding computers to what their overall specs are and they were designed for, as allot of prebuilt laptops and desktops  can perform better with appropriate spec upgrades, as their class top cpu’s and gpu’s and memory are not always suitable to the chipsets and motherboards that they have, there is a component matching and system suitability of building and uprating computers and laptops and manufacturers like Acer are best at doing all that for a budget and performance result. Which is what allot of people just don’t understand and think that they can do better.

• Mangalam
    Mangalam Member Posts: 31 Troubleshooter
    Options
    StevenGen said:
    Hell_J said:
    StevenGen said:
    Mangalam said:
    My product is- 

Predator PH315-53

I agree completely.

Very true “Hell_J” I’ve just got (at great cost because I do allot of cad and 3D design and some engineering work) one of the latest Predator Helios 700, the model PH717-72-93LW that is a 17.3" at 144 Hz display with the i9-10980HK and GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER (not with the 3060) and 32 GB Memory and 1 TB PCIe SSD + 1 TB HDD and it’s an absolute beast and a monster, I wouldn’t think and/or try to overclock and/or mod it as it doesn’t need it but, people always think that they can do better than OEM? When it always turns out worst =) that is human nature and some people just can't leave things alone. 

I've always looked at upgrading and modding computers to what their overall specs are and they were designed for, as allot of prebuilt laptops and desktops  can perform better with appropriate spec upgrades, as their class top cpu’s and gpu’s and memory are not always suitable to the chipsets and motherboards that they have, there is a component matching and system suitability of building and uprating computers and laptops and manufacturers like Acer are best at doing all that for a budget and performance result. Which is what allot of people just don’t understand and think that they can do better.

Ok but the point is that they are present in some laptops and not in mine even if it was present I would rarely utilize it, and yes predator laptops are a beast my obligation craft is game development do it is chiefly disquieted about CPU that is the judgment I asked.
  • bakerayy
    bakerayy Member Posts: 6 New User
    Options

I have the Predator Orion 5000 PO5-640 and am also wondering why i dont have these certain features i see other users having such as overclocking, game sync or even app center. They're all missing from my Predator Sense? Any one know how to get these?