Aspire 5 a515-43 won’t charge/won’t turn on

Carbatonic
Carbatonic Member Posts: 2 New User
Hi there,

the other night I was using my laptop and the battery was running low despite the charger being connected. I wiggled the cord and it recognized the charger again but it died about 10 minutes later. Since then, if I have it plugged in, the orange light blinks slowly and if I attempt to power it on, the keyboard will light up, nothing else will happen, and it will turn itself off in a few seconds. If the charger isn’t connected it won’t turn on at all. 

I have another charger but it is 65w not the 45 it came with, and the same thing happens with this charger. I was told at Best Buy that some Acers will not work with an incorrect wattage?

I did the batter reset pinhole, the full battery reset where I remove the battery, I reseated the ram, and replaced the charging port. Could this possibly still be either the battery or the charger? Could it be the battery even if the computer won’t turn on fully when connected to the ac? 

Any help is so appreciated thank you in advance 

Answers

• Carbatonic
    Carbatonic Member Posts: 2 New User
    I should add this laptop is less than a year old although I use it for work so it does get used quite a lot.