Aspire E1-531G gaming performance is poor.

Teodor
Teodor Member Posts: 77 Die Hard WiFi Icon
Every game i run on the computer i get fps drops even on Minecraft

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,776 Trailblazer
    Battery must be near 100% charge and plugged in BEFORE starting heavy loads for maximum play time. Graphics power may be re-directed toward battery charging below about the 50% level. Most newer games require 8GB RAM.

Jack E/NJ

• Teodor
    JackE said:
    Battery must be near 100% charge and plugged in BEFORE starting heavy loads for maximum play time. Graphics power may be re-directed toward battery charging below about the 50% level. Most newer games require 8GB RAM.
    I always keep the computer plugged in, except when I don't use it.
  • JackE
    Go to the elevated command prompt.  Enter 'powercfg /batteryreport'. Then return to the desktop. Open file explorer. Then search for' battery-report.html' in the c:\windows\system32\ sub-folder. Double-click to open it in the browser. Post screenshot of the first part of the report if possible that compares design full charge capacity with its remaining full charge capacity. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Teodor
    JackE said:
    Go to the elevated command prompt.  Enter 'powercfg /batteryreport'. Then return to the desktop. Open file explorer. Then search for' battery-report.html' in the c:\windows\system32\ sub-folder. Double-click to open it in the browser. Post screenshot of the first part of the report if possible that compares design full charge capacity with its remaining full charge capacity. Jack E/NJ

I'm not using the battery, because Acer Care Center shows the battery life degraded due to longterm use, even after I reset the battery,
  • Teodor
    Well, I don't care about it right now, because soon i'm about to get a new laptop
  • JackE
    >>>I'm not using the battery>>>

Thanks for revealing this important piece of information. A functional battery is needed to complement charger's power output and avoid stuttering under heavy power demands. This also applies to new laptops. Don't try to run any laptop new or old under heavy loads without a functional battery.

Jack E/NJ

• Teodor
    JackE said:
    >>>I'm not using the battery>>>

Thanks for revealing this important piece of information. A functional battery is needed to complement charger's power output and avoid stuttering under heavy power demands. This also applies to new laptops. Don't try to run any laptop new or old under heavy loads without a functional battery.

When I open the task manager, I see that the hard drive is 100% usage forever, maybe that's why the computer is slow and the gaming performance is poor.
  • JackE
    New replacement batteries are only about $20usd for this model. If it was mine, seems like it'd be worth trying before I'd get a new laptop.  But it's not mine, it's your decision to make.

Jack E/NJ