blue screen error code is WHEA Uncorrectable error - Aspire 7 A715-71G

ArthurPong
ArthurPong Member Posts: 6 New User
edited July 2021 in Aspire Laptops
 Dear support,

please help for the following blue scrren issue, which suffer me for weeks:

Problem Description:

Acer Aspire 7 A715-71G shows blue screen error at somewhat Regular Interval & after that “No bootable device”.

The laptop came with bios version 1.10. Total Memory is 8GB, with system C:\=238 GB SSD and D:\ = 2TB Harddisk. Now, my laptop randomly shows a blue screen at a somewhat regular interval. The blue screen error code is WHEA Uncorrectable error (<Pic D:>). After showing a blue screen, the laptop tries to restart but it shows No Bootable Device <Pic E:>. If I hold my power button and shut down the laptop and open again, it starts normally and works fine. But after some period it again shows the same blue screen problem? 

In order to pay safe, I tried to back up the C:\ image, but I got the error 0x8078007D just as System Image Backup completes.  The message indicates that new bad sectors were found and these were not backed up.  I know I had bad sectors.    I had repaired these with CHKDSK C: /f /r and SFC.EXE /scannow shows problem fixed. Then the laptop works normally for around one week, then the same problem happen again.

Can somebody please help me to fix this problem in long term?

Many thanks!

​//Edited the content to add model name.

Answers

• Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Hi ArthurPong,

In the BIOS information page is the unit HDD is showing. ​
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,776 Trailblazer
    >>>I had repaired these with CHKDSK C: /f /r and SFC.EXE /scannow shows problem fixed. Then the laptop works normally for around one week, then the same problem happen again.>>>

Bad physical hardware sectors aren't repaired, they're marked as bad and no longer used. This indicates the read/write head is hitting the hard disk's platter magnetic memory elements if a mechanical drive or the flash memory elements in an SSD have failed. In either case, the fix is usually only temporary, especially with a mechanical drive, since more an more of the memory elements get chewed up with the head hitting the platter. 

Jack E/NJ