My sp314-21 touch screen isn't working

Options
M0thdum
M0thdum Member Posts: 1 New User
One day I tried to draw using my touchscreen but it didn't work after some digging the driver had just disappeared off of my laptop

Answers

• Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Are there any drivers with device manager issues?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • gzap66
    gzap66 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    I am having the same issue with my Spin 5 (SP513-54N), it started last night. I tried looking at the drivers in the device manager and all looked good. I will admit, I can follow instructions but I am pretty green when it comes to looking into systems.  The Pen works but not the touch screen.  Also I noticed that on the cursor that follows the pen, it will not fully go to the edge of the top of the screen or the top left corner.  It is almost like a magnet repelling against similar poles. the cursor will go up and repel back. 
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    @gazp66I suggest you ask a new question.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Options
    Hi M0thdum,

Did you use any stylus apart from acer.
  • DGibson
    DGibson Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    my touchscreen just did not work one day and i have no issues or alerts on anything when i run troubleshoot or system check  I have an Acer Spin3  SP314-21
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,779 Trailblazer
    Options
    @DGibson if you have tried the other suggestions in this thread then open a new thread for yours. Since we never got feedback from the original posts this thread can't be marked as a solution, so comes up later in searches. If you start a new thread then you can mark the solution which will help when other see the same issue. Include your full model number, what you are seeing and what you have tried so far. Thanks.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Easwar
    Options
    DGibson,

Try updating the graphic card drivers on your computer, uninstall and re-install the human interfacing drivers from the device manager, ... The system should reinstall the HID-compliant touch screen under Human Interface Devices. Restart the laptop.
  • DGibson
    DGibson Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    sorry I think I have tried almost everything I have looked up and still nothing.  thank you for your help
  • Easwar
    Options
    DGibson,

It looks like hardware issue. Contact acer tech support,

https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/service-contact

OR book the unit for repair service,

https://customerselfcare.acer.com/CS2/#/

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,779 Trailblazer
    Options
    Please open a new thread (use the Ask a Question button) so we can focus on your problem. Be sure you include your model number (SP314-21 or something else?), what you are seeing and what you have tried so far. Perhaps a screen shot of your Device Manager with everything expanded to allow us to see what might be missing.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.