Acer Aspire 5 A515-51G not powering on after keyboard replacement

SpikeGuy99
SpikeGuy99 Member Posts: 3 New User
Hey there!

So, I'm having this weird issue with my A515-51G, after replacing the keyboard, it shows no signs of life.
Tried resetting the battery multiple times, tried to power it with just the battery hooked up and just with the charger plugged in, also tried plugging and unplugging all the connectors. When plugging the charger in the port, the normal LED that shows the battery status is not lighting up, nor the other LED seems to work after trying to start it up... 
Motherboard hasn't been banged up against anything, it stood on a wooden surface during the procedure, so static electricity, I pressume is not the issue... 

The only other gimmick that it's been doing since day one is that whenever the charger is in a specific spot, it seems to electrify the case on the metal edges.

It's my work laptop and at the moment can't really afford a replacement, so if anyone or anybody came across this issue and has the slightest clue on how to fix it, I'd be more than grateful. 

Best regards, 

Answers

• Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Hi SpikeGuy99,

Did you try to charge with different charger.
  • SpikeGuy99
    The charger worked literally a day before and wasn't even moved in the process
    I'll try and buy another charger and I'll get back to you, but, I'm not sure it's the charger fault as the power button literally does nothing... 
  • SpikeGuy99
    Update: So, the laptop has powered on, finally after leaving it plugged in over-night with the charger that I had originally, was gonna go and buy another charger today.

I have no ideea how that fixed my problem, but it's now working once again.

Mysterious are the ways of electronics.