XB271HU bmiprz stuck on predator logo

Options
ooshlav
ooshlav Member Posts: 7

Tinkerer

so I have this issue where the monitor just turns on and shows the following screen:

I was able to fix this before by unplugging the monitor and plugging it back in but  even then there was an issue where the menu buttons would randomly stop working. now unplugging it and plugging it back in will not even fix the issue it just stays there. what's weird is my pc recognizes what something is plugged in there and tries to display to it but nothing. also weird thing is when I turn on the power button on the back it doesn't even wait for me to hit the power button on the front in order for it to turn on. it just automatically goes to this logo screen. beyond frustrating. 
 any recommendations?

Answers

• William_mk2
    William_mk2 ACE Posts: 4,084 Pathfinder
    Options
    ooshlav

Unplug all the cables on the back of monitor.   Press and hold the power button for 1 minute.   Connect all the cables back.    Try to turn on the monitor.   It should work fine. 

Also try to use a different power outlet on a different room and check.   Try to bypass the surge protector and connect it directly to power outlet. Disconnect all the cables associated with monitor and connect them back.   

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful 

Click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    B  Thank you and have a BLESSED AND HAPPY DAY  B

★★ WILLIAM - MRK ★★

• ooshlav

Tinkerer

Options
    Thanks for the reply! However, I tried this as well and it did not work. I tried another rooms outlet as well and also did not work. I have always had this monitor plugged into a APC Smart-UPS 1500VA so I am certain that it has been receiving properly conditioned power. Any other thoughts? 
  • ooshlav

Tinkerer

Options
            :(
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,722 Trailblazer
    Options
    Any chance you are still in warranty?
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • ooshlav

Tinkerer

Options
    If only I was so lucky.
  • billsey
    edited August 2021
    Options
    OK, the consumer level UPSes don't provide full sine wave power, they give a stepped signal instead. That's not usually a problem but it can induce digital noise. Try moving the power to a wall outlet to see if there's any any change to the behavior. I don't know what could cause a splash screen that's a circle with a dash through it, it should be showing the Acer logo instead. I'm reaching here, but it could be an issue with the power supply board that's zapped enough to stop the monitor from it's full POST on power up.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Options
    Hi ooshlav,

It looks like hardware issue. Contact acer tech support,

https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/service-contact

OR book the unit for repair service,

https://customerselfcare.acer.com/CS2/#/

• ooshlav

Tinkerer

edited August 2021
    Options
    Ok sorry I identified my UPS wrong  Even still I have tested it and I also tested it at my parents home as well to see if power really was the problem and it still exhibited the same issues. I agree that it is likely a power supply issue. I am wondering if there is any chance that acer would give me the schematics so I can test it out myself? When I reached out to acer support they were quoting the repair for more than I paid for the monitor originally :(   Possibly someone here knows where they are?    
  • billsey
    Options
    Yeah, I haven't seen schematics published anywhere. It's fairly likely they just gave the needed specs to a third party for the design process and don't have publishing rights to schematics.
  • ooshlav

Tinkerer

Options
    Thats a bummer. but I've learned my lesson.