wanted to upgrade the Memory - Aspire 5 A515-46-R14K

Options
Re1Ko
Re1Ko Member Posts: 4 New User
Hi, 

i bought this laptop, but i need upgrade memory, is compatible this memory? 

https://www.kingston.com/us/memory/search?partId=KVR26S19D8/16

if not, which do you recommended to use?

Thanks!!

Regards!

Answers

• William_mk2
    William_mk2 ACE Posts: 4,084 Pathfinder
    Options
    @Re1Ko

Please visit the website  given below .  There is an option to  "start your scan "  and " select your computer " .   Please chose the options and try it.   It will show you the memory and SSD’s details and the best upgrade options for you.. 

https://www.crucial.com/

It will tell you what you currently have and what you can add for memory and SSD's. 

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful 

Click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    B  Thank you and have a BLESSED AND HAPPY DAY  B

★★ WILLIAM - MRK ★★

• Re1Ko
    Re1Ko Member Posts: 4 New User
    Options
    Thanks William, I tried it, but any memory ram is non compatible with this laptop according to the crucial page :(

• Butch70
    Butch70 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    I just put an 8 gig stick in my Acer Aspire 5 A515-46-R14K and it is Crucial memory.  I got the same thing you did on Acer site.  Went to Amazon and found one.  I am going to try a 16 gig stick next.  Haven't seen in the community whether you can up grade to 12 or 20. To many people say 12 and to many say 20, so I will experament.  Here is the info on the 8 gig stick I got:   Crucial 8GB Single DDR4 2400 MT/S (PC4-19200) SR x8 SODIMM 260-Pin Memory - CT8G4SFS824A.  It is working fine & shows 12 gig of memory on the machine.  Hope this helps.  It did for me.

• ttttt
    ttttt Member Posts: 1,947 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    Options
    @Butch70

I have the same laptop.  People can add up to 16GB RAM to the still open slot to make it 20 GB total ( 4GB soldered + 16 GB added module).