Acer Aspire 5810TG can't find boot drive

Vodlex
Vodlex Member Posts: 6 New User

Hello!

My acer aspire 5810TG isn't able to find any bootable devices.

The HDD wouldn't show up in as a connected drive in bios or when I try and install windows it wouldn't show up at all.

If I try connecting a drive using USB it shows up in bios.

I've already disassembled the whole laptop and the board with the sata cable looks fine to me, I also tried cleaning the cable using rubbing alcohol and tried resetting CMOS but neither worked.

What else should I try before I order and replace that part of the laptop?

Answers

• Leostat
    Leostat ACE Posts: 3,043 Pathfinder
    if you have a Sata to USB adapter or know anyone you could lend one from (Computer repair shops should have em to let you borrow) you an try plugging it in over USB. It should spin up and you should be able to browse it , if it doesnt its a FooBar'd drive 

(Im assuming the "A drive" was a differnt one not the same one, appologies if it is the same one!)
  • Vodlex
    Vodlex Member Posts: 6 New User
    Leostat said:
    if you have a Sata to USB adapter or know anyone you could lend one from (Computer repair shops should have em to let you borrow) you an try plugging it in over USB. It should spin up and you should be able to browse it , if it doesnt its a FooBar'd drive 

(Im assuming the "A drive" was a differnt one not the same one, appologies if it is the same one!)
    I've tested the drives and they seem to be working properly, the problem is inside the laptop.
    I'm still not sure what I can try to do to fix it