Even after Battery reset laptop (PH315-53) wont stay on ..

Options
symrat
symrat Member Posts: 8

Tinkerer

Hi all,

Yesterday my laptop (only 16 days old) NH.QAUEK.004 made a wierd sound and just turned off, it tried to reboot but then shutdown again and the battery light just flashes. I followed some threads on here and reset the battery by the power key and managed to get into the bios and reset bios. But the laptop still shuts down as soon as it gets into windows and the battery light returns to the flashing light. before it shuts down the yellow battery light flashes then blue light begins to flash too and it just turns off. I am pretty sure its gotta go back but is there any way to get the personal data off the drives other than removing them and putting in external caddies to do this. Not sure if I unplug the battery if it will boot so I can remove personal data or could that do more damage.

Thanks in advance

Answers

• Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Can you still exchange your laptop at the store you bought it from? The RMA period to change the laptop is usually short. Have you checked if the laptop also shuts down when you access the bios?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • symrat

Tinkerer

Options
    I think i have 30 days to exchange it here in UK, which is what I hope to do. It doesnt seem to shut down in the bios (bios shows as having 78% battery power) but once it gets into windows it shuts down before I get chance to do anything, even going into safe mode it shuts down, the data on the d drive is all my graphics designs i have made and bought and our business stuff, not so much on the m2.ssd that i am concerned about. 

Paul
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Can you record a video of the problem and post it on youtube?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • symrat

Tinkerer

Options
    yes i have for you, video is after i press power on till it turns itself off
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1TLYpKeWctE
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    This is weird. Try this:
    a) access the bios by pressing f2 key before the acer logo and then press f9 to reset the bios. Then press f10 to save and exit. Then check if the problem still occurs.
    b) if the problem still occurs, try reinstalling windows by pressing alt+f10 before the acer logo:
    Check if the problem still occurs.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Does the same problem occur when connecting the power adapter?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• symrat

Tinkerer

Options
    I'll try if nothing it will remove all the files from both the drives before exchanging the unit ... if it works ;-)
  • symrat

Tinkerer

Options
    i Had already reset the bios a couple of time so went straight for the 2nd option... will let you know in a while .. many thanks for the help  :)
  • symrat

Tinkerer

Options
    didnt work after 30 secs it flashes both yellow and blue lights and shuts down then i have t do a battery reset again... looks like i will have to take back off and format the d drive externally , then return it

• Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Does the same problem occur when connecting the power adapter?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• symrat

Tinkerer

Options
    Hi yes this happens when its plugged in. I shall return it tomorrow and see what they say. Many thanks.
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Can you try installing a live linux distribution to see if the same issue occurs too?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• symrat

Tinkerer

edited July 2021
    Options
    Been returned and have a new unit so no more issue, thanks for the help again  :)
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Great my friend.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer