Hello everyone, I'm new here - predator helios 300

Options
Huthaifa
Huthaifa Member Posts: 3 New User
edited July 2021 in Predator Laptops
So I bought an acer predator helios 300 2018 core I7 8th generation, it was a great laptop and I have no idea what happened to it, ever since i got it from the representative in Jordan, it had one dead pixel and after calling the representative of acer in Jordan, they wanted to fix the screen by changing it, and that was not an option because it was a new laptop! It was a manufacturer fault, that was the first issue and i never cared or fixed it and it wasn't a problem at all. 
My second problem is that my laptop stopped working out of nowhere, and after trying to check what's the problem it turned out i need a new board because the IC's got fried without any reason whatsoever! I mean i have never dropped my laptop it doesn't have a single scratch on it, and i haven't dropped any water, didn't mess with the settings not even once, what's making me sad is that i thought spending around 1830$ over a laptop would give me at least 4-5 years of usage then i would stop using it not because it hot ruined but because i want something new after that period, but now i lost 1830$ in less than 2.5 years and i don't know what to do, the representative is saying your w
arranty has expired and you need to pay for a whole new board, does anyone know what to do in this case? Is this yet another manufacturer failure in the laptop i bought out of all the laptops or is the laptop that bad? 

​//Edited the content to add model name.

Answers

• Smegma11
    Smegma11 Member Posts: 99 Fixer WiFi Icon
    edited July 2021
    Options
    Everything electronics is becoming disposable. 2.5 years is quite a long time and compared to others on here, that seems about mormal life. Especially for a gaming machine.
  • StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 9,986 Trailblazer
    edited July 2021
    Options
    Huthaifa said:
    So I bought an acer predator helios 300 2018 core I7 8th generation, it was a great laptop and I have no idea what happened to it, ever since i got it from the representative in Jordan, it had one dead pixel and after calling the representative of acer in Jordan, they wanted to fix the screen by changing it, and that was not an option because it was a new laptop! It was a manufacturer fault, that was the first issue and i never cared or fixed it and it wasn't a problem at all. 
    My second problem is that my laptop stopped working out of nowhere, and after trying to check what's the problem it turned out i need a new board because the IC's got fried without any reason whatsoever! I mean i have never dropped my laptop it doesn't have a single scratch on it, and i haven't dropped any water, didn't mess with the settings not even once, what's making me sad is that i thought spending around 1830$ over a laptop would give me at least 4-5 years of usage then i would stop using it not because it hot ruined but because i want something new after that period, but now i lost 1830$ in less than 2.5 years and i don't know what to do, the representative is saying your warranty has expired and you need to pay for a whole new board, does anyone know what to do in this case? Is this yet another manufacturer failure in the laptop i bought out of all the laptops or is the laptop that bad? 

Huthaifa, there are lots of factors why a laptop and computers circuitry fries and burns out and/or fails, it could be a fluctuation in your power source, a brown out shortage in the main power source (if you haven’t got a protected power board) etc etc and also some of the circuitries and work coming out of China have been suspect and of very low quality lately, as more and more laptops and desktops have the same problems that you are having with burned out diodes, capacitors Mosfet etc etc

In saying all this and as you have been advised by Acer of what exactly is wrong, also and don’t forget that Acer does not fix/replace circuitries they replace them with new either motherboards, screens, keyboards as its too expensive for their technicians to spend days on fixing circuitries and diagnosing laptop failures, they do an overall diagnoses and replace parts accordingly!

If you want your laptops problem to be diagnosed and fixed (if it can be fixed?) then you have to send the laptop to an experienced technician that has extensive experience with micro soldering and has all the tools and equipment to fix micro circuitries in your area, if you have such a technician in your area? As just any technician can’t do this work. In my opinion it’s always better to research first and get a quote, btw there is one guy and he's the best I've seen in 35 years of dealing and fixing computers (also he’s Lebanese so you will be able to talk to him in Arabic which could be easier for you) contact him at this link >>> "NorthbridgeFix" and/or watch his work here on this link>>> "YouTubeto see what’s involved in diagnosing and fixing micro circuitries problems e.g. burned out Motherboards, GPU’s PSU issues etc and how much work goes into it as not many technicians are prepared to spend days on a problem and to fix them. Also, what I would do is compare the fixing cost to new replacing costs, as that is your only options and could be the cheapest. Good luck and hope this helps you out.

• Huthaifa
    Options
    StevenGen said:
    Huthaifa said:
    My second problem is that my laptop stopped working out of nowhere, and after trying to check what's the problem it turned out i need a new board because the IC's got fried without any reason whatsoever! I mean i have never dropped my laptop it doesn't have a single scratch on it, and i haven't dropped any water, didn't mess with the settings not even once, what's making me sad is that i thought spending around 1830$ over a laptop would give me at least 4-5 years of usage then i would stop using it not because it hot ruined but because i want something new after that period, but now i lost 1830$ in less than 2.5 years and i don't know what to do, the representative is saying your warranty has expired and you need to pay for a whole new board, does anyone know what to do in this case? Is this yet another manufacturer failure in the laptop i bought out of all the laptops or is the laptop that bad? 

Huthaifa, there are lots of factors why a laptop and computers circuitry fries and burns out and/or fails, it could be a fluctuation in your power source, a brown out shortage in the main power source (if you haven’t got a protected power board) etc etc and also some of the circuitries and work coming out of China have been suspect and of very low quality lately, as more and more laptops and desktops have the same problems that you are having with burned out diodes, capacitors Mosfet etc etc

In saying all this and as you have been advised by Acer of what exactly is wrong, also and don’t forget that Acer does not fix/replace circuitries they replace them with new either motherboards, screens, keyboards as its too expensive for their technicians to spend days on fixing circuitries and diagnosing laptop failures, they do an overall diagnoses and replace parts accordingly!

If you want your laptops problem to be diagnosed and fixed (if it can be fixed?) then you have to send the laptop to an experienced technician that has extensive experience with micro soldering and has all the tools and equipment to fix micro circuitries in your area, if you have such a technician in your area? As just any technician can’t do this work. In my opinion it’s always better to research first and get a quote, btw there is one guy and he's the best I've seen in 35 years of dealing and fixing computers (also he’s Lebanese so you will be able to talk to him in Arabic which could be easier for you) contact him at this link >>> "NorthbridgeFix" and/or watch his work here on this link>>> "YouTubeto see what’s involved in diagnosing and fixing micro circuitries problems e.g. burned out Motherboards, GPU’s PSU issues etc and how much work goes into it as not many technicians are prepared to spend days on a problem and to fix them. Also, what I would do is compare the fixing cost to new replacing costs, as that is your only options and could be the cheapest. Good luck and hope this helps you out.

Thank you so much for taking the time to respond, much appreciated!!! Now i have more information about it, thanks! 
  • Huthaifa
    Options
    Smegma11 said:
    Everything electronics is becoming disposable. 2.5 years is quite a long time and compared to others on here, that seems about mormal life. Especially for a gaming machine.
    I honestly think that's fair, i just thought it'd give me more time, thanks for letting me know! Cheers🤙🏻