Microsoft Update has DESTROYED the Bluetooth functionality of my ACER C27-962

paxtop
paxtop Member Posts: 2 New User

This morning Windows tells me it has to restart to install an update...

I restart my Acer Aspire C27 which has a number of Bluetooth attached devices working fine - especially the mouse, which I used to click the "Restart" button ...

After the restart - NONE of the bluetooth devices work ...

Try to reconnect them in Devices - Windows says Bluetooth is switched off on the device

Go to Bluetooth troubleshooting - Windows says the device "has no Bluetooth capability"

Go to Device Manager - Bluetooth is not there

Go to Security and Updates to remove the update (dated today) to get Bluetooth functionality back - PC restarts - still no Bluetooth - go back to Security and Updates - the update I asked to be removed is still there at the top of the list (probably smiling and laughing at me) ...

Its like going to gas station to fill up with gas, only to restart the car and the steering wheel doesn't operate - Microsoft at it brilliant best ....

I have now tried to uninstall the update - by right clicking on the update and selecting update .... and it generates an error and says the update has not been uninstalled ...

Any suggestions anyone please ...

Answers

• William_mk2
    William_mk2 Ally Posts: 4,084
    paxtop

Ran system restore to an earlier date on which it was working fine 
    Try windows x 
    chose windows power shell admin or command prompt admin 
    type rstrui on blue or black window
    chose the date
    click on next.. finish.. yes..  system will restart.. 
    click on close even if you get the message "system restore not completed"
    It will load all the icons
    Please check whether bluetooth is working properly.. 

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful 

Click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    B  Thank you and have a BLESSED AND HAPPY DAY  B

★★ WILLIAM - MRK ★★

• paxtop
    paxtop Member Posts: 2 New User
    @Acer-William - thanks very much for your suggestion - I did a system restore to remove the Windows update of 10 July, this did not result in the restoration of any Bluetooth services - I check Device Manager there is no Bluetooth in the listing - I repeated the system restore to remove a Windows Update from 09 July, this did not result in the restoration of any Bluetooth services - I check Device Manager there is no Bluetooth in the listing ... I should also say I downloaded the Bluetooth installer from the Acer website yesterday and ran it before I did the first system restore and while it ran without error it obviously failed to do anything because when I checked Device Manager there is no Bluetooth in the listing ... do you have any other advice ...
  • StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 9,858 Trailblazer
    edited July 2021
    paxtop said:

This morning Windows tells me it has to restart to install an update...

I restart my Acer Aspire C27 which has a number of Bluetooth attached devices working fine - especially the mouse, which I used to click the "Restart" button ...

After the restart - NONE of the bluetooth devices work ...

Try to reconnect them in Devices - Windows says Bluetooth is switched off on the device

Go to Bluetooth troubleshooting - Windows says the device "has no Bluetooth capability"

Go to Device Manager - Bluetooth is not there

Go to Security and Updates to remove the update (dated today) to get Bluetooth functionality back - PC restarts - still no Bluetooth - go back to Security and Updates - the update I asked to be removed is still there at the top of the list (probably smiling and laughing at me) ...

Its like going to gas station to fill up with gas, only to restart the car and the steering wheel doesn't operate - Microsoft at it brilliant best ....

I have now tried to uninstall the update - by right clicking on the update and selecting update .... and it generates an error and says the update has not been uninstalled ...

Any suggestions anyone please ...

"paxtop" first try to reactivate the Wireless LAN and Bluetooth by and after a reboot and login to Windows 10 pressing the F3 key or the F3+Fn keys together, so try that first. Note: the Wireless LAN and Bluetooth card doesn’t malfunction very often as they are very reliable so its probably a software thing.

If that dosen't work then note that Windows update(s) has nothing to do with your Bluetooth as it virtually never ever updates either Wireless LAN or Bluetooth drivers. Your problem is either a driver problem or a hardware problem. First check your drivers Device Manager if they are ok? Also and very important, install the “Intel® Driver & Support Assistant” which will update all your Aspire C27’s Intel drivers including your Wireless LAN, Bluetooth, Graphics, Chipset and all Intel drivers that could be your problem(s). Good luck and hope this helps you out. 

Intel OEM Wireless LAN and Bluetooth fitted to your C27-962

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,621 Trailblazer
    WiFi, Bluetooth, touchpad, fingerprint reader, etc. are connected to the system through internal USB ports. Something Microsoft has done over the last few months seems to corrupt the data on one or more of those ports, which makes the device either show up with device descriptor failed, or causes it to disappear entirely. I don't yet have a good solution... Sometimes it fixes itself after a while, sometimes it takes a reinstall, sometimes the fix is in between those.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.