Laptop only uses integrated, not even 1% is used of dedicated graphics card(Acer Aspire 315-23G)

MichelKrein
MichelKrein Member Posts: 1 New User
I have been trying for the last 3 days to see why the computer doesn't use it's dedicated graphics card, and sadly i did not manage to do so, the main reason i would want that is first, because the dedicated graphics card is obviously a better option for gaming, and second, the integrated graphics card takes 2GB of my RAM to use for it self. The computer is completely stock, i have not messed with any of the major configurations such as overclocking and things of the sort, it was bought about 3 to 4 days ago.

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,776 Trailblazer
    edited July 2021
    The game usually chooses which card to use. The integrated card should use about 10% of total RAM max. Where do you see 2GB being used? 2GB+ vis used by the Windows OS. Also check Device Manager display adapters to make sure the adapter is turned on.

Jack E/NJ

• Teksal
    Teksal Member Posts: 50 Devotee WiFi Icon
    Your laptop has Vega8 internal GPU and R625 external GPU. Unfortunately, R625 is spec-wise worse than Vega8 and that might be why Windows chooses Vega8 over R625. You can enforce a program to use external GPU from Settings>System>Display>Graphics Settings.